“Is there anyone who will help us?”

“I have some connection with the Magic Tower’s Master. We studied under the same teacher. I’m sure they will help me if they haven’t forgotten me yet.” 

Wizards have a strong sense of unity. It was because they felt and saw things that ordinary people could not feel.

“May God have mercy on us.”

The Duke held Robelia’s hand and prayed. Robelia smiled faintly. She could endure because she had a husband who always supported her. Robelia kissed the Duke on the back of his hand.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Valdwin wheezed and gazed at Laila, who was still asleep, with a gentle gaze. Laila’s light was getting stronger. Anyone who sees the brilliant starlight in gold would be bewitched.

Valdwin sensed that Laila was born with magic as she inherited Prussia’s blood. That was because Caliburn whispered to him.

[‘That child is going to be a strong wizard – a wizard stronger than anyone.’]

Valdwin carefully stroked Laila’s hair. He felt like her silver locks were breaking between his fingers.

Valdwin will soon leave for the Knights Academy, and Laila will be left alone in the mansion. The Duke and the Duchess will surely do their best to protect Laila.

‘Not enough.’

Valdwin doesn’t want Laila to get hurt, even the tips of her fingertips. He would hide her in his pocket if he could.

Valdwin watched as Laila slept for a long time and then crossed the window again.

“Young Lord?”

With his long, fine black hair hanging down, Valdwin sat cross-legged on the wall. His white feet appeared through his pajamas. His feet were pink as if he didn’t feel cold at all.

“Caliburn will revolve around Laila from now on. Everywhere she goes and everything she does should be under Caliburn’s protection.”

His clear voice spread through the darkness. Valdwin set up another safety device for Laila. Caliburn will always be with Laila – even if he was away from Lorovante. Even Caliburn couldn’t give an answer to what Valdwin’s feelings are towards Laila.

But Valdwin felt that he had a certain emotion towards Laila that he couldn’t describe. Valdwin will be ruined in some way if he loses Laila. He was content with his present life with it on the border between comfort and risk – because Laila is around. She has become the standard for making Valdwin more human.

“You must protect her.”

Valdwin’s calm and determined voice met the eyes of the crew.

[‘…! Is she going to be our Duchess?!’

‘It’s too early.’

‘That’s Caliburn. She’s not just a kid.’

‘Is it?’

The conversation went about like that.]

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

“Haaam….”

Originally, it wasn’t me that was appointed to become the next successor of the Magic Tower but the Imperial Princess – Imperial Endia, Fidelo’s younger sister. Thanks to that, the Magic Tower had no choice but to raise Fidelo’s hand.

However, I got to play that role. I didn’t know how my life as the supporting role turned into the life of the main character in full bloom. I heard my eyes contained the light of Prussia… but I don’t see anything no matter how much I look in the mirror.

I yawned and looked in the mirror. I am pretty, but… hmm, how was Laila’s appearance described in the novel?

… Her pigmentation was rather light overall that’s why she’s pretty, but I think it was said that she doesn’t stand out when she stands beside Camilla.

(T/N: The chapter was quite heavy and a little time skip. I loved the relationship between FL’s parents, they loved each other dearly heart heart)