“I will turn the sky upside down.”

He will avenge his father’s death engraved on his bones and point his sword to those who took away what he should have enjoyed – to survive.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Time couldn’t be stopped no matter how one tried. Empress Julia’s son was now crowned as Crown Prince. It was the end of the winter. It was because the power collected from the Winchester was too biased towards Queen Caitlyn. Emperor Lygos wanted a perfect balance, but everyone knew he was in a place where he could overturn it anytime.

And Laila.

“You can’t measure her magic!”

“Her awakening had begun!”

She awakened her magic. She took a completely different path than the original Laila.

‘Oh…? This is not it.’

Wasn’t I a supporting character? Laila’s doubts were buried in everyone’s astonishment.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The Duke and the Duchess sat face to face after putting the bewildered Laila in sleep. The candle in the room flickered on the Duchess’ brooding face.

“Robelia….”

“I couldn’t help but be afraid even though I was already expecting it,” Robelia whispered in a low voice.

She had imagined this moment countless times as she watched Laila grow up. Laila inherited the blood of the County of Prussia. Her bright silver hair and golden eyes that seem to embrace the light – it was the same as the first Prussia. None of her parents were born with it, but Laila was. It was an atavistic inheritance that flowed through her blood. So she had thought that this might happen one day – the sky might be turned upside down one of these days.

Their life depends on Emperor Lygos’ whims, and now even Leviathan’s power is skyrocketing. She heard that as soon as Queen Caitlyn heard that the Crown Prince was appointed, she went to visit Emperor Lygos every day to appeal. She would cry and swaying the Emperor Lygos. Just as Winchester’s fall was one of the Emperor’s whims, the Crown Prince could have changed anytime.

“You have to hide it as much as possible, honey.”

“I will try my best. I already told the priest. I also paid a huge donation.”

“I will protect the children as long as I can.”

Robelia clasped her hands. Valdwin and Laila were raised with love. I wish I could only lay a lower path for their future, but I know it’s impossible. Fate was pointing to Laila and Valdwin.

“I need someone to teach Laila her magic. I will have to write a letter to the Magic Tower… in secret.”