Chapter 28

(Kagome's POV)

The next day at school during algebra, I spent the whole hour whispering and passing notes to Inuyasha. Mr. Miraku scolded us a few times and kept sending suspicious glances from the corner of his eyes.

After class I walked with him to Language. We had to do some stupid speech thing about how people change the world. Once it was my turn Inuyasha kept making funny faces in the back of the room so my speech consisted of me laughing and blushing the whole time.

Each time I walked passed Hojo I would pretend to be to busy to notice him by talking to Inuyasha about stupid things like why dogs wipe their butts on the floor. One time it actually seemed like he was going to cry in the middle of the crowded hallway.

At lunch we had some kind of gross turkey soup and vegetables. I glanced up at Inuyasha ,who was struggling to open his milk once again, and threw a piece of celery that hit him right on the middle of the forehead.

He looked up at me astonished as I laughed my butt off and almost fell out of my chair. He chuckled and threw some broccoli that got stuck in my hair. My friends stared at us with disgust as we threw food back and forth at each other.

Then the principle showed up and we almost missed all of 4th period cleaning up food off the cafeteria floor.

Once I stalked into the classroom with broccoli tangled in my hair, I handed the teacher the blue slip and sat in the corner of the classroom. Hojo glared at me from the other side of the room as I wrote my name on the paper all fancy so it seemed as though I was paying no attention to him, but I couldn't help but cringe under the feeling of his glare burning into my back.

Was he jealous of me and Inuyasha's friendship? Most likely considering he always purposely ran into me or made Inuyasha drop his books.

After the teacher was done talking and we opened or books to start our worksheets, Hojo dropped his books onto the desk next to me and sat down angrily. Everyone in the room seemed to jump and turn towards us.

"What are you playing at?" He said sharply.

"What do you mean?" I said not looking up from my paper, which I had no clue what any of these things are or how to find the "Ideal mechanical advantage" so I pretty much just sat there doodling on my paper.

"Don't play dumb with me Kagome you know exactly what I mean." He hissed. "Are you trying to make me jealous by hanging out with that Inuyasha kid. Getting into trouble together, talking nonstop, and walking everywhere together. Because it's not gonna work."

"Really Hojo?" I said and glared up at him. "I'm not trying to make you jealous but if I was I would be pretty good at it because you are obviously jealous. Besides I broke up with you so why would I care how you feel about me or me hanging out with friends?"

"I'm not jealous!" He growled.

"Oh really Hojo? I think you are, what other reason would you stick your nose in my business then confront me about it." I said angrily.

He looked at me shocked, not sure if he should answer or not. "Fine." He simply said and stood up, scooping his books up into his arms. "But this is not over Kagome. Two can play at this game."

"Sorry Hojo but, I don't like you. End of story." His eyes widened but he quickly wiped the look of shock off his face and stomped away.

After the bell rang I slammed my book shut and walked out of the class room. Not glancing at Hojo as he glared at me as I passed. Inuyasha was leaned against the wall in the hallway waiting for me.

"Hey." He said as he pushed himself off the wall.

"Hey." I smiled. We walked down the hallway, Hojo walked behind us and it was obvious he was eavesdropping. "So Inuyasha do you wanna walk with me after school?" I said loudly to make sure Hojo heard me.