45 | Silent Symphonies

Start from the beginning

"Shameless." I gasped, slapping his chest.

Chuckling, he pulled me closer, his fingers drawing circles over my clothed waist. When I tried to protest, he trailed the tip of his nose at the side of my face ever so lightly that instantly made me shut up.

"I haven't been shameless yet." He remarked, "Though I tried being a little last night but your brother has to disturb us midway." Irritation seeped into his tone at the mention of my brother, and the interruptions he caused.

Nevertheless melting into his inescapable touch, I rounded my arms around his neck and teased in a blushful whisper,

"Don't worry, you will get countless chances to be shameless with me."

His eyes popped open with anticipation at my straightforward enunciation, though they gleamed with intensity a second later that made my eyes flutter close as I sensed his lips coming closer to mine.

"Riy..." We pulled apart in a bat of an eye when mumma's voice fell into our ears, our kiss, and all the hanky-panky thoughts long forgotten.

Before we could labor our rugged heartbeats and hazed selves which were the result of hearing mumma's voice, she stepped inside the kitchen and eyed each one of us with pure suspicion.

"What happened? Why are you both looking so scared?" She frowned as soon as her eyes fell over at our awkward, distant postures.

"Do you need anything?" She passed a questionable look to my husband to which he shook his head in a no, while I resisted my giggle to notice his befuddled self playing with the gas lighter by pressing the tip of the lighter again and again into the marble counter.

"Then?" She queried again, making her way towards the stove as she opened the pressure cooker top, the smell of boiled rajma seeping into our nostrils.

"She called me in the kitchen." He shrugged dismissively, his fingers directed towards me.

My lips parted in stupefaction as I suppressed the inkling to glare at him while unfazed by Queen Riya's terror, he stood leisurely, thoroughly enjoying my horrified expressions.

Mumma might have noticed the silent exchange of challenging glances amidst us as she cleared her throat and peered at me maintaining a poker face,

"You don't want to give your interview today?" She voiced with seriousness.

"Huh?" I asked bewildered, my fingers fiddling with one another thinking that she might have seen us getting all gushy-mushy.

"You have to leave with Aditya, right?" She rephrased her sentence a little clearer this time and I nodded swiftly in response.

"Then go, sit at the table, what are you doing here? If you will make breakfast for him, when will you eat and when will you both leave." She worded, a tinge of smile perking up at the corners of her lips noticing my flushed self.

Sticking my tongue out at my madness, I rushed outside but not before glowering at my chuckling husband, who followed my trail at the same time.

***********

"Don't touch me!" I whisper exclaimed exiting the kitchen and shooed away my husband before he could touch any inch of my skin.

"As if I am going to listen to you." He shrugged royally, sneaking a sloppy kiss on my cheek, blatantly forgetting that we are in the living room now.

Wiping away his ewwy-wewwy saliva-filled kiss from my cheek, I groused, "When did I call you in the kitchen?" This was followed by a dangerous glare from me and another remark,