Chapter - 2

Depuis le début

"Mother, his entire life is exemplary!" Woong-In said.

"My sister, Min-young has supported you ably on this journey. lsn't it?" Mr. Lee said while entering living room.

"Definitely. What did l have when Min-young married me? Loneliness and a year old Dahyun in my arms." Seo-joon said recalling his old days.

"There's no comparison to the love Min-young has showered Dahyun." Halmeoni said while smiling at Min-young who is just blushing looking down.

""Do you know what gift I presented to your sister today?" Seo-joon said, his voice filled with emotion. "I've given her a promise. The day I see the faces of my three daughters-in-law... All my time will be hers. The moments of joy I couldn't give her because of my duties... will all be hers." He spoke with a sincere warmth as he side-hugged Min-yong, their bond evident in the gesture.

Halmeoni, ever the beacon of family warmth, chimed in with a joyful curiosity, "When do we hear the wedding march for Dahyun's wedding?"

Seo-joon's smile faltered slightly, a hint of sadness creeping into his eyes. "I pray for that day. We received many proposals, but because of Dahyun's arm..." His voice trailed off, the unspoken words hanging heavy in the air.

Min-yong, ever the protective sibling, quickly interjected, "Those matches? Not one was worthy of Dahyun!" Her voice was firm, a clear defense of his beloved son.

Mr. Lee, the family's wise elder, nodded in agreement. "Yes, a man is recognized by his heart, not his physical being. And we will find somebody who will value his golden heart," he assured Seo-joon, his tone resolute and comforting.

The room was filled with a mixture of hope and determination, each family member silently vowing to support Dahyun in finding a partner who would truly appreciate his inner strength and kindness..

---

The function hall was abuzz with the chatter of guests arriving in their finest attire. Friends, relatives, and business partners of Seo-joon filled the room, creating a lively atmosphere.

As a sleek black car pulled up to the front entrance, Hirai Ji-Hoon stepped out, followed by a young woman with a poised demeanor. She glanced around with curiosity and a hint of nervousness, taking in the grand setting.

"Come in, dear," Ji-Hoon said warmly to his daughter, Momo, who had just returned home after completing her studies abroad. She nodded, her confidence growing as she walked towards the entrance with her father.

Dahyun, standing by the front gate and greeting guests with a polite smile, noticed Mr. Hirai approaching. "Hello, Hirai Uncle," he said, his voice carrying a respectful tone.

"Dahyun, how are you?" Mr. Hirai asked with genuine interest.

"I'm fine, thank you," Dahyun replied, his smile broadening.

Turning to his daughter, Mr. Hirai said, "Momo, this is Dahyun, Seo-joon's eldest son. Dahyun, meet my daughter, Momo."

"Hello," Dahyun greeted Momo warmly.

"Hi," Momo responded, mirroring his smile, though a touch of shyness lingered in her voice.

At that moment, Seo-joon and his wife, Min-yong, approached, their expressions welcoming. "Welcome, Mr. Hirai. We're so glad you could make it," Seo-joon said, extending his hand.

"It's a pleasure to be here," Mr. Hirai replied, handing Seo-joon a beautifully arranged bouquet. "Congratulations on this wonderful occasion."

"Thank you," Seo-joon said, accepting the flowers with a gracious nod.