thirty-three.

Start bij het begin

I couldn't comprehend what was happening. It almost felt the way you would when you stood up too fast and felt dizzy, and almost find yourself face first onto the floor.

I grabbed at my throat, gasping for air as I pinched my eyes shut. I felt myself suffocating, fingernails scratching into my neck as if it was going to help the oxygen flood back into my lungs.

"Anna."

"Anna."

I couldn't breathe.

"Anna!"

I'm gonna pass out.

"Hello? Anna!"

Suddenly, I felt my eyes open and I could see. Sweat made a thin layer across my forehead, my chest heaving as I looked around the room. My feet stumbled until I felt my desk hit against my bottom. I licked over my lips, looking up.

"You alright, love?" The janitor said with wide eyes.

"What—" I said dryly, wiping the sweat off my forehead. Looking down I saw all the papers that had slipped from under my arms. Did I just black out? What was that? Did I just have some sort of weird panic attack?

"No, I..." I swallowed thickly, placing a hand against my forehead as I made my way around the desk to sit in my chair, "I mean, I'm fine. I just think... I need some water? I think I need some water." I repeated to myself. I had the weirdest feeling wash over me. I couldn't quite pin point what it was, but it was unnerving.

It was almost like I knew something bad was going to happen. Or was I being paranoid again?

"Doll, I think you need to go home. You look sickly," He told me, and I barely spared him a glance. I nodded softly as I watched him pick up the papers and place them onto my desk. "Here, I have some water you can have. Did you walk here again?"

"I...yeah, I walked here. I think I should call for a ride," I mumbled to myself, almost saying it in a question as I shakily pulled my phone out. The janitor frowned, placing his water bottle onto the desk.

Nodding towards him, I set my phone onto the desk before grabbing the water. The water revived me some, but I still felt like my head was vibrating. I kept sweating, and suddenly it had become hot in the room. I gulped down, grabbing my phone as I shakily dialed for Harry.

Why was I reacting this way? Maybe I had gotten sick from sitting outside last night with Harry, but I never thought I would get sick. I rarely ever got sick. With my hands visibly shaking, I felt my fingers go numb to the touch. I felt my head start to buzz, like there was a swarm of bees buzzing around and hitting every wall inside my head. My chest felt heavy as I tried to catch it with a lose grasp.

"You're going to be okay."

I blinked slowly, lips parted as I looked up at the janitor. He had a wide, devilish smirk on his lips as he sauntered slowly to me. "You're going to be okay." He repeated again. My fingers lost grip of my phone, ears ringing as I looked down at the dial screen that was calling for Harry.

"What's happening?" I slurred out, trying to push myself off of the chair, but my body had fallen numb. It felt like I was in some sort of sleep paralysis. Even if I fought it, I couldn't move. How did I get here? Why was my body feeling this way? I couldn't even feel fear if I wanted. I was too busy trying to hold my head up.

The janitor's face appeared in front of me. I could clearly seen him, even with my vision failing me. He had warts on his forehead, his yellow teeth exposed with a Cheshire cat smile. It was disturbing in a way, and even if I tried to run, my body wouldn't let me.