And I am nowhere near backing out.

After I finished reading, I let my mind rest and chose to sleep to let time pass faster. The next time I woke up, the right side of the bed is as usual, empty. I like it that way tho. I pushed my self up feeling a little sore from sleeping and laying on bed all the time. God, I can't wait to escape this place and live my life the way I want it to be. Or how it was supposed to be before V came into my life and spin it 180 degrees. Truthfully, some of my adventures are worth keeping as memories but if I'm going to have two choices wether to keep or erase them all. With no hesitation, I'll choose the latter. Being reminded by him is a torture to me.

Like how I planned, I patiently waited for the maidservants to do her thing. After a while, a knock on the door was heard. My heart began to thump inside my heart in rapid pace as the feeling of agitation rise. I am worried that I'll fail on this escape attempt which will lead to facing great penalty. I'm already tired from everything that V has done to me, I want to restart my life.

The slow opening of the door makes me faze. Somewhere deep inside me I suspect that it's not the maidservant who's going to enter. When the door was finally open, my body was frozen on the spot. My hunch is true. It wasn't the maid, it was someone I hardly believe would be here.

"Hi, cousin. Long time no see?" Eclipsa stood there proudly while staring at me. Her lips formed into a smile but it was not caused by happiness.

I instantly feared her presence in front of my room. The questions are now bombarding my brain. Why is she here? Does she knows I'm attempting to escape? Is she going to stop me? All of that and many more are assaulting my poor mind that can't process anything as result of pure shock. Eclipsa is not the one who's supposed to appear after the door opened! What had happened to the maidservant? Isn't it time for my breakfast?

Eclipsa didn't say anything afterwards. She began to walk towards my position. As result, I scurried away to the corner of the bed. Scared that she'll do something uncalled-for to me. In all honesty, I'm hating the way I react to her presence. In my heart I know she's not a threat to my life but because of the horrendous experience I had with her fiancee that I easily trusted, I'm doubting her capabilities. What if she turned out to be someone just like him? Due to V's foul actions, there's now a whole between the relationship I have with all of the people in here. It is now hard for me to trust someone.

I am not sure if my eyesight is just playing with me but I saw Eclipsa's eyes flicker with pain emotion when I inched away from her. There is no way I'm hurting her when she's the one who abandoned me. Never once did she tried to visit me to see if I'm okay or if I'm still alive. For that I've always believed that V restricted her from meeting me. If that is do then how is she here?

My mind is now restless due to thinking to much. Eclipsa sat on the edge of the bed.

"W-Why are you here?" I got to finally ask a question after a long moment of silence between me and my cousin.

Eclipsa look down on her hands as she fiddle with them. I cocked my brows, confused why she's behaving as if she's nervous. I expected the opposite of this. "Jeongguk, I'm sorry.." my eyes widened after she looked up. She had her eyes flowing of tears. The guiltiness stabbed my heart for thinking that she's a monster like her husband-to-be. Still, I didn't go near her. Thinking that this might be a trap set for me. "You might be thinking I'm a horrible person for not checking your condition but I have my reason, cousin. I am not allowed to go here. I am not allowed to meet you. I'm really sorry for everything I've done that wronged you.." she continued blabbing apologize as she cry her eyes out. I felt the heat on my own eyes as I listened to her painful sobs.

Without thinking smart, I rushed to hug and comfort my cousin. I rocked our body so that she'll stop. Eventually, eclipsa did. "It's alright. I'm alright, Eclipsa.." I assured her though all that I've said are nothing but lies. I caress her cheek, rubbing my thumb to soothe her.