Prologue

Hey everyone, this is my first fanfiction in a while.

Disclaimer: I don't own Ben 10 or MHA

Anyways, let's get this show on the road.

             Gwen felt herself drop to her knees when she saw the explosion of Vilgax's ship.  She wanted to scream, to cry, to just do something, but she couldn't.  She was frozen in place with a shocked expression in her eyes.  She heard her husband, Kevin, gasp silently behind her.  She tore her eyes away from the scene to look at him.  His face was that of pure shock, jaw almost hitting the floor.

"Agent Rook, Ben, do you copy?"  A voice from behind them asked over the communicator.  No response.  Gwen knew there would be no response and she hated it.  Her precious cousin, Ben Tennyson and his partner Rook Blonko were on that ship.  They were on that damn ship, and it exploded. 

"Agent Rook? Ben? Do you copy?"  the voice said again, this time far more concerned.  Gwen turned back to the scene.

'Ben...please...'  both hands were cupped over her mouth as the remains from the ship scattered.

" I don't think he's going to make it, Gwen" Kevin finally spoke up, reaching to grab her shoulder.  She smacked it away.

" No way! It's Ben we're talking about!"  She gazed at him furiously.

"Babe, please..."

"NO!"  She screamed, tears finally coming down.  The situation finally hitting its mark.

"B- Gwen..." Kevin whispered, eyes downcast before focusing back on the remains of the ship.  She followed where he was looking.  She logically knew Ben wasn't going to survive, but her heart wanted him to be alive, to be ok so they could finally celebrate.  Vilgax was no more.  They had won, but now, at a cost.  She then thought of Rook's daughter, Benji, who was named after Ben, and his wife, Rayona.   Benji would be broken by this news, especially since it was her father that she most admired.

" That fool..." a new voice, Azmuth's suddenly pitched in behind them " the sensors from the omnitrix indicate the absence of a host."  

A sudden, green spark outside caught the trio's attention.  It zoomed around the shrapnel of the destroyed ship.

"The omnitrix" The galvan genius calmly stated. 

"What is it doing?" Kevin asked.  Azmuth said nothing, watching it as it went.  

Almost as soon as the green light appeared, it disappeared without a trace.

That was the days that 45-year-old Ben Kirby Tennyson lost his life.  However, the omnitrix was not over yet.