Chpt 9: Starring Joy The Slut Hopper

Start from the beginning

"So what... You read my diary... And decided to spray paint that in front of the movie house!" i exclaimed.

I quickly opened my diary to see what the hell made him so angry. "Oh don't worry, i have it here" he said throwing me a ripped out piece of paper from my diary.

"Steve the Hair Harrington, biggest asshole in Hawkins. I don't really care about him that much though. You can tell by looking at him that he'll be going nowhere after high school. He's dating Nancy Wheeler. I don't think she even likes him to be honest with you. I always see her eyeballing Johnathan Byers. She would definitely be a lot happier with the creep of Hawkins rather than the dick"

I shrugged at him. "What's so bad about this?" i questioned. "Read on" he said coldly as he took a step closer. I reluctantly read on.

"My English teacher is forcing me to tutor Steve because he was making out with Nancy in the toilet. I won't even begin to write how unfair that is. But maybe this could be a good thing. If Steve has to study with me, this could finally give Nancy a chance to hang out with Johnathan. Maybe someone could benefit from this situation."

I sighed in annoyance as i bit my tounge. "Steve this isn't... I didn't-" "Isn't what? Finish that sentence" he said stepping closer.

I looked down at the floor as i felt a lump grow in my throat. Steve slightly bent down to face me. "Finish, the sentence."

I looked at him in shock but also disappointment. I wrote this before... Before we started to hang out. I knew he Steve Harrington was a prick, but i though for a slight second i was wrong about him. That he was even staring to become my friend.

"So this is why you wrote that i'm a slut for the whole town to see! I wrote that weeks ago! I was mad that i had to tutor you. Obviously no one was meant to see that. And plus, that didn't happen. Nancy is still with you. She loves you!" i exclaimed.

Steve scoffed as he put his head in his hands. "I wouldn't lie if i were you, you don't want to be known as the lying slut now, do you?" Carol said with a grin. "What?" i questioned.

Suddenly, Nancy and Johnathan came around the corner. "Speak of the devil" Tommy said. It then clicked in my head. "You came by last night" i said in annoyance.

"Ding, ding, ding. Does she get a prize?" Carol said. "Oh shut it you walking STD" i spat. "What the hell is going on? Steve, did you do that?" Nancy asked.

Steve glared at her for a moment but his dead stare landed back on me. "Are you that dense Harrington? It wasn't like that. Do you think i care enough to "ruin" your stupid high-school relationship? I have bigger shit to be dealing with" i said.

"Oh trust us, we know" Tommy said with a chuckle. I looked at him with confusion. "Well, Stevie here, ripped out another page of your diary" he said pulling out a piece of paper from his pocket.

I saw Steve gave Tommy a slightly annoyed glare."Let's read it out for the group shall we" Tommy said. My heart sank as i looked at Steve who couldn't make eye contact with me.

"I tried to stay here. I tried to stay in England with mom and her new family... But i couldn't. I messed it up again. I was already angry that mom wouldn't let me see my dad until he "gets better", which i knew she meant until he gets clean. I was angry with mom for forgetting about Sarah, i was angry with my dad for not staying clean and i was angry with everyone else for not listening to me. The only person who actually listens to me is Liz."

My breathing stopped when i heard that name. "Stop" i mumbled as tears formed in my eyes. Tommy smirked as he continued to read on.

"Liz asked me to go to a party with her. She's been my only friend since moving to England. She's been there for me when my parents couldn't. I didn't mean for anything to happen."

"Shut up" i said louder. "Tommy" Steve mumbled quietly in annoyance. "What? The little bitch deserves some of her own medicine" he said as he read on.

"When we got there, everyone was drinking, so i did too. I knew my mom would kill me if i came home drunk but i did not care. I don't even remember what happened. All i remeber is drinking and dancing with Liz and then she pulled me into a car. I don't know why she was driving. I should have stopped her. Why the hell didn't i stop her"

All the memories came flooding back as Tommy read about Liz. The name i so longed to forget.

"I don't remember the crash. All i remember is waking up in hospital as i begged to see Liz. That's when the doctors told me she didn't make it. After that, mom didn't care if dad was sober or not, she couldn't bare to look at me. She knows that is was my fault. My dad tried to convince me that it wasn't... But i'm not stupid... Why the hell didn't i stop her"

When he read out those final words, all the anger and sadness in my stomach slowly made there way to the surface. I looked to see Nancy and Johnathan staring at me in shock. That's when i looked at Steve. He was looking at the ground.

"You gave them that?... You read what it said, and you showed them" i said stepping towards him. "I told you about Sarah" i mumbled. "I never told anyone about Sarah." Steve still wasn't looking at me. It was then, I could not keep in my anger.

I lunged at Steve causing him to fall on the ground. I began to punch him repeatedly. He tried to push me off, but it was of no use. Johnathan grabbed my arms and tried to drag me off of him but i just pushed him away.

I kept punching him until my knuckles were to sore. With each swing i took, i got a flash of Liz and Sarah in my memories.

Suddenly, i heard sirens come up behind me. I swung my head behind me as Steve shoved me off of him . I sat on the floor as he tried to stand up. His face was covered in blood as it dripped onto the ground.

"Jesus Hopper... What the hell is wrong with you?!" Carol exclaimed as she tried to keep Steve up. I looked at my knuckles that were covered in blood. I then looked at Johnathan and Nancy who were staring at me with their mouths wide open.

I stayed seated on the floor. It was as if i was frozen. One of the whole reasons i moved to Hawkins was to try and forget about the crash. Forget about Liz. Forget about Sarah. And now everyone knows.

"What the hell is going on here?" the officers shouted as they got out of the car. Steve and the rest of his friends began to sprint away. Steve stopped in front of me for a moment but i did not look at him. I was still staring at my blood covered knuckles.

"Hey! All of you freeze!" the cops shouted. "Steve come on!" Tommy exclaimed. Steve hesitated for a moment but then ran with them.

"Joy! Come on, we have to leave!" Nancy said. "Joy? Joy!" she exclaimed as she shook my shoulders. I was still frozen.

"Hey what the hell are you kids- Joy?" one of the officers said as they finally saw my face. "What are you doing here?" he asked. It was then he saw my hands.

"Come on kid, we have to bring you back to the station" he said trying to hold me up. Both of the officers helped me into the car as i stayed in a trance.

"What happened here?" the cop asked Nancy and Johnathan. They both stayed quiet. "Fine... Both of you can come back to the station as well" he said.

Everyone got into the car as we all sat in silence. I was still in shock from what had just happened. I couldn't believe i just beat the shit out of Steve Harrington.

I also couldn't believe he now knows about Liz. I felt Nancy and Johnathans stares burning into me. I didn't make eye contact with them. I just stared at the floor.

"Don't worry kid" the officer said. "We'll call your dad to the station right away."