Is he the one ?

Perhaps she could just sit by the window and wait for her prince to sweep her off her feet

As we strolled into the cozy café that day, a glimpse into his world unfolded before me.

Discovering his penchant for cold coffee, his unfinished cups, his passion for novels, and his dream of writing one

His words flowed effortlessly as I, content with just a word or two, I found myself entranced by his presence, a mix of excitement and nervousness swirling within me.

Gabriel, a man of intrigue, our encounters more frequent than perhaps they should be. A silent understanding blossomed between us, feelings growing steadily.

His unexpected confession of love, though swift, left me pondering the pace of our connection, each day my emotions deepening, a tale unfolding with every shared moment.

Gabriel brought up the topic of marriage last time we met. I questioned his rush, but he shared his desire for a family, having not grown up with one.

Holding my hands tenderly, he expressed his wish for us to live together under one roof. Overwhelmed, I reflected on his kindness and our deep connection. Our kisses felt more intimate than any physical closeness. He never pressured me about sex, which I appreciated.

I agreed to spend my life with him, discussing it with my parents. As he prepared to meet them.

I navigated the mall, recalling my mom's insistence on buying new dresses.

I have a bunch of cute dresses, but she keeps pushing me to buy more for every event we go to. One time, when I tried to resist, she just put her hand on my shoulder, gazed into my eyes, and said,

"Don't stress, honey, that's what our daddy's money is for." Her voice echoed in my mind
The way she refers to my dad as "our daddy" and sometimes "big daddy" always bothers me. Shaking off those strange thoughts, I carried on with my shopping.

"Leave it, I'll handle it," I shouted from upstairs, wishing the maid would hear me and not open the door yet. Hastily hopping down the stairs, struggling to slip on my left shoe, I straightened my dress and forced a smile before opening the door.

"Hey Gabby!" I exclaimed, embracing him tightly. I felt his arms around me, taking in his comforting scent.

"Come on in," I said, stepping back. It was his first time at my place, and unlike others, he didn't seem shocked by the size of the house.

"Oh my God, Luna, you live here!"

"Luna, your house is amazing. Hosting parties here would be fantastic. I absolutely love this place. Can I crash here with you

"Luna, I love you," and all those other cringy lines I can't recall.

I can't stand it when people go overboard about my house. Luckily, he didn't. That's one thing I appreciate about him - he's good at hiding his feelings. I guided him to the dining hall, and we took a seat, anticipating my parents' grand entrance.

My parents are always so extra, I swear they're going to pull off some unexpected stunt. That's just their thing, you know? Always keeping me on my toes.

As we waited for them, Gabby and I tried to catch up on things we missed out on. He sweetly traced invisible circles around my hand, lost in our conversation.

We didn't even realize when our parents decided to make their entrance. I heard my dad clear his throat. We broke our gaze from each other and turned towards the sound. There stood my parents, looking like some sort of ancient British couple. Please, please don't let them start speaking in accents, I silently begged as we stood up to greet them.