Unexpected Troubles

I stared blankly at the linoleum green tiles. Strongly smelling of the usual, axe, I looked up. " Hey, " John said holding my head. He chuckled, with his perfect laugh. His dark brown hair was looking exceptionally out of place today. How unusual. Who cares... I mean look at those hazel eyes..

" Zoe, I think I need to talk to you" 

" Mmm" I mumbled still gazing into his giant eyes. 

What is he talking about?

" Zo, seriously. Look up please. For me?" He tilted my chin up with his pointer finger.

So cute! 

" Mhmm, just shut up and kiss me." I leaned in quietly standing on my tippy toes to reach his perfectly shaped Roman nose. 

" NO" He stopped my lips with his hand. 

" What?" I breathed. This was so unusual.

The bell rang. " I have to go" He turned around and stumbled walking toward class. 

" Weird" I whispered to myself.  I watched him walk down the hall. I felt my stomach churn once again. Agony filled my head. Why was he acting so weird lately. 

I better leave before I'm late. 

" WAIT!" I heard someone scream behind me. 

It was Mary. " What?" I moaned, I grabbed onto her boney shoulder. 

" Oh, don't you just seem happy to see me." She teased. 

I looked down the hall where a figure stared with a slight bump near the stomach. 

It appeared to be a girl, about 5' 4' ish and short brown curly hair. Perfectly placed, not fizzy , but perfect curls. She saw me staring, turned away and continued to walk down the hall. Clutching her books near her stomach. Her high heeled boots clanking against the linoleum floor.

Forget about it.

Obviously Mary was here to give me the latest gossip , I should forget about it. But, its puzzling. Who was that? Was it Aria? I haven't seen her lately, which was weird. Ever since a few years ago, she was removed from the Cheerleading squad, for some unannounced reason. Besides, she's 3 years older than me.

" Whose it about now?" I asked, slightly curious about the gossip today. 

" It's about John!" She laughed loudly, " You won't be happy though" 

" Ha...?" The last bell rang. Great I'm late. Again. 

" Hold on, I'll tell you later. I can't be late again. It's bad enough I already have detention" 

" For what?" 

" Never mind! See ya around."