6) When Aashna Met Mayank, Again

Please vote:)

☘ ☘ ☘

As I waited for my friends to come back from the ride, I decided to look around the fair a little. While wandering around, I spotted a lot of kids from my school.

I even spotted Abhimanyu and Shagun at the photo booth. Abhi and I had to give a heartbroken look to each other so Shagun wouldn't suspect anything (she looks dumb but is very clever), which was kind of making me wanna laugh so hard.

 Abhi and I had to give a heartbroken look to each other so Shagun wouldn't suspect anything (she looks dumb but is very clever), which was kind of making me wanna laugh so hard

My eyes scanned the crowd of people as if looking for something, or.... someone. As much as I hate to admit it, I was looking for Mayank. After returning from the camp I got so busy with my life that I almost forgot about him. But seeing him after such a long time brought back all the good memories.

Its been four years! Does he even remember me?

What if he does and comes to talk to me? What would I say?

Oh, he is so cute!

I wish I had the guts to talk to him.

Lost in my thoughts, I was passing by the ring toss booth when a little girl approached me. She was wearing spectacles with glasses that made her eyes look so much bigger, which was cute.

“Excuse me, miss?” she said in her cute voice.

I turned towards her. “Yes?”

“Can you please play a round of ring toss for me?” As she talked, I noticed the braces on her teeth, before her words sunk in in my brain. A sudden feeling of self doubt rushed over me as I looked down at the rings in her hand. All the times when I have played that game and lost, flashed across my mind.

“Honey, I'm not sure I'm really good at it,” I told her honestly. I was really not in the mood of embarrassing myself, and that too in front of a kid.

“It's okay. Just try your best,” she handed me the rings, which I took reluctantly. “It's just that, I really wanna win that bunny,” she pointed at a white soft toy on the shelf. “I have lost five times already. Mom, said we have to go home after this last round, and I really don't wanna lose. If you play it and lose, at least I'll have you to blame and not myself,” I gaped in surprise at the girl's words.

“You are.... a genius,”

“Thanks. I get that a lot,” she smiled widely, showing off her braces. “Now, let me explain you the rules.”

☘ ☘ ☘

I tried to give my best but as I had already told her, I was not really good at the game. So, not so surprisingly, all of the rings fell on the ground. But then something happened. As I threw my last ring, instead of falling on the ground it reached the peg. I was too stunned to believe that it was actually around the peg and not on the floor. It took me a few seconds to believe that I have actually won.