2) My Epic (Fake) Breakup Story

Sorry for the delay
I hope you enjoy the chapter.

But,

You should vote

☘ ☘ ☘

Aashna's POV:

I leaned closer to the mirror as I put on mascara, when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in,"

I cocked my head towards the door only to find my mother walk in. She smiled at me but I looked away. Taking a sigh, she kept staring at me from the door. I sighed looking down at the pendant in my hand as I struggled to put it on.

"Let me help you," my mom said walking towards me.

"No, I can help myself." I said glancing at her. She stopped in her tracks, watched me struggle to put on the pendant before coming forward to help me. I did not resist this time as she helped me put on the pendant.

"Let me see--" she said turning me around to have a look at my appearance. "--Wow! You look so gorgeous, as always." she adored me, holding my hands.

To be honest, I actually looked pretty good. For a person who has no experience with makeup, I did a pretty good job.

The V-neck, forest green colour gown hugged my figure perfectly, showing off my curves. The rose gold pendant around my neck and the rose gold bracelet(that I stole from Harpreet) dangling from my wrist, added glory to my look. The dress had a slit on one side, showing off my recently waxed leg.

 The dress had a slit on one side, showing off my recently waxed leg

"Thanks," I looked everywhere but her face.

She eyed me before keeping her hands on my shoulder. "Honey, I'm sorry. I know that you hate changing places but we don't have any other choice."

"I could stay in a hostel," I mumbled quietly.

She smiled. "You could, but it would make me feel anxious.... But with your aunt, I would know that you are safe." I looked down, biting my lip. "Your dad is always busy with his business tours and I don't want to leave this opportunity." I took a deep sigh.

She cupped my cheek. "It's difficult for me too, honey, but life is never going to be easy. We'll have to struggle to get what we want." she held my hand, as if promising something. "Please don't think of me as a bad mom. I love you, more than my life. That is why I'm sending you to my sister. I'm sure she is gonna take care of you just like your own mother. I know that you are sad because you'll have to leave your friends behind, but trust me, you will love it there." she reassured.

As I looked up at my mom's face, I felt a feeling of guilt creep into me. "It's okay, mom. I'm sorry, I'm acting like this but don't worry, I'll take care of myself. I'll be fine. And I would never think of you as a bad mom. You are the best mom in the world for me."