Sona was slightly taken aback but in a thankful voice she said a thank you. She closed her eyes and rested her head on the pillow. Devasya eyed her worriedly, he could see how tired and exhausted she was. Thankfully, she wouldn't have to worry for preparing meals at a certain time now, atleast for one week. But this also means she can be careless about her own meals, he will tell her to have her meals on time. Devasya thought.

It would have been some twenty minutes that Devasya heard the door bell ring. He collected their food and took some plates and spoon upto their room. Spreading a newspaper on the floor and keeping their hot food over it, he went over to Sonarika to shake her awake. Devasya gently brushed away the stubborn strands away from her face and called her name. Sona jerked awake and took in the sight of Devasya standing over her, with his one hand behind her ear and the other on her cheek. Something fluttered inside her stomach. Butterflies. Sona burried those butterflies into their grave and gave Devasya a smile. She received a dimpled one in return causing her smile to widen just an inch. Really.

"Come on. The food is here." Devasya took her hand in his and tugged her over to the floor. "Wow! This looks delicious" Sona praised seeing the food. Some noodles were put in the plate with fork and a plate of what she recognised as chilly potato was right beside it. Some pav bhaji and matar kulcha was in separate plate, which she was guessing was Devasya's food.

They both sat down with their plates in their hand. Both of them eating their food silently. " how is the pav bhaaji?" Sona asked, looking longingly at her favourite street food. Yes she likes Chinese but she likes street food even more, damn her for being sleepy while telling Devasya her order, She should have ordered some greasy burgers and paav bhaaji.

Devasya could feel Sona looking at his food enviously. He chuckled at her childish expressions and moved towards her side. He took her plate from his hand and handed her his. Sona looked at him questiongly, and Devasya blinked his eyes softly at her. Sona grinned wide, teeth visible and all and Devasya sweared his heart skipped a beat. He looked at the noodles and started eating them. They tasted good but he guessed that pav bhaaji tasted even better if Sona's expression were anything to go by. They finished their food while stealing glances at each other.

After dumping the garbage in the dustbin, Devasya headed towards Sona who was doing the dishes. He started wiping off the wet dishes with kitchen cloth. "Thank you for sharing you food with me. I was really sleepy when you asked my for my order so I didn't look at the menu." Sona looked at him sheepishly and smiled. Devasya looked at her and smiled too. "You should lessen some work load from your shoulders Sona. You will fall ill if you keep working so much" Devasya told her softly.

Sona frowned and shrugged, " It doesn't matter. I have been managing college and house work since last four years now. My mom's health was never the same after she underwent knee arthroplasty surgery"

"Sonaaaaaa, can you please speak English?" Devasya whined playfully.

"Wha-oh! Sorry, i mean she went for surgery for her knee pain."

"Okay, doctor sahiba" Devasya teased lightly. Sona flushed red and hit him on his shoulders with her wet hands making his t-shirt wet. "Shit! I am sorry!" Sona washed her hands and took the cloth from Devasya's hand and started wiping off the water off his shirt. Devaysa looked at her and sighed internally. How can I ever make these feelings turn into friendship. He hooked his arms around her waist and lifted her to sit on the kitchen slab. Sona gasped looking at him. "What are you doing?" She asked.

He pulled her cheeks making her look like a chimpanzee. A very cute chimpanzee.

"Whyyyy areeee youuuu soooo cuteeeee?" Devasya said in a childish voice. But he was serious. Sona can be so cute sometimes. He wonders what other sides of personality she have other than the ones he have already seen. He booped her nose playfully and turned back realising the promises he made some hours ago to himself.

Sona flushed again, this time from the unknown feeling that erupted inside her heart and the herds of butterflies making their presence known in her stomach. She kicked Devasya's leg and said crossing her arms, "I am not cute. I am hot"She was joking of course she was, she will be happy either way even if she is cute. It doesn't matter much according to her but just to tease Devasya back she had to do this.

Devasya's eye widened and he, of course, understood the assignment.
"Yes, you are. There is no doubt about that" Devasya collected the final dishes from the sink and wiped them off. Keeping them at their place, he turned to look at Sona who looked like she has seen a crocodile dance. He chuckled at her bringing her out of her daze.

However, before she could scold her about how inappropriate that what, he picked her up by her waist, like a toddler, and started carrying her towards their room. Sona screamed, and Devasya gasped and acted to drop her making Sona cling to him like a monkey. Their height difference gave Devasya enough liverage.

"Devasya!! Put me back on floor, right this instant!!" Sona screamed again and Devasya just clicked his tongue in response. "What's wrong with youuuu?" Sona whined looking at him, pouting. Devasya grinned and booped her nose, again, and clicked his tongue again. Sona rolled her eyes and thumped her head against his chest.

Devasya opened the door to their room and dropped her onto their bed. Sona narrowed her eyes and looked away from him. Devasya looked at her and smiled. That's what he seems to be doing since they got married. He dropped himself beside him and nudged her with his elbow. Sona looked at him and then turned to the other side.

"I am soooooooooooory!" Screaming this, Devasya attacked Sona with his tickles on her stomach. Sona started laughing hysterically, while continuously asking Devasya to stop in broken sentences. Devasya stopped. Sona took a deep breath. They Both looked at each other and started laughing once again.

Once Devasya came out of his laughing session, he flicked Sona's forehead and said,"Now, sleep you dummy. You've had a tiring day at college". Sona sighed softly and turned to look at him. "Did you pack all your things?" Sona asked

"Yeahhhh" Devasya turned towards her too.

"Have a safe trip, Devasya. Don't do anything, I wouldn't do." Sona grinned at him. Devasya laughed and nodded his head to her demand. Devasya turned to turn off the bedside lamp and laid down back on the bed with his eyes closed.

"Good night" Sona whispered in the dark. But all she wanted to say was that she will miss him. So much. Even though she doesn't know why.

"Good night, Sona" Devasya whispered back.

******
Heyyyyyy guysss!!
Thank you all so much for 500 read! I am really grateful 🫶🏻
Anyways, what did you think of today's chapter?
Please leave your thoughts here! They mean the world to me .
Love y'all!
Take care❤️