Memories

[Your House]
(As you walk through your apartment to the front door, you stop by your father in the dingy kitchen.)
Y/N: Hi, dad. I'm off to school.
Dad: Morning, Y/N. Remember to take your perfume for the day.
(On the counter is a small spray bottle filled with only about 5 milliliters of a clearish liquid.)
Y/N: Only this much? (sigh) Alright, thank you.
(You walk out the front door.)

[High School, Homeroom]
(As you walk in through the classroom door, the popular students stare at you and begin laughing.)
Coco: Oh em gee, it's that loser, Y/N!
Burberry: Jeez, what's in your cleaning bottle today, Ms. Custodian?
Y/N: God, why do you even care about my perfume?
Coco: Um, because you have literally nothing. I have a pint in my bag, so the fact you're even in the same room as me is a disservice.
(The popular students cackle.)
Teacher: Alright, settle down, class. Today we'll be learning about economics.
Dior: Um, miss? Why are we learning about something some of us will never use?
(The hyenas from the Lion King)

[Cafeteria]
(You sit alone at your table, drinking a bottle of apple juice. The popular students bump into you on purpose, causing you to spill the juice all over you.)
Y/N: HEY!
Coco: Oops! Should've been more careful!
(As she and the others laugh, Burberry looks at your bottle. He grabs it and sprays it all around, to your worry.)
Burberry: God, I was right about the janitor thing! It smells like expired rubbing alcohol!
Dior: I almost feel a little bad for you, Y/N. Your dad can't even afford usable hand sanitizer?
Y/N: Shut up, we're tight on money right now...
Coco: Yeah, and you always will be. Get used to it, loser.
(They giggle on as they walk by you, tears forming in your eyes.)

[Sidewalk]
(After school, you can't pay for the bus, so you decide to walk home again, despite the rain. Under a roof, you see an old woman struggling to open an umbrella with the bags and boxes she is carrying.)
Y/N: ...here, let me help you.
(You grab the woman's umbrella and hold it over her head.)
Woman: Oh, why thank you, young lady! You have no idea how much this means to me.
Y/N: Why are you carrying all of these boxes in the first place?
Woman: Oh, I'm just finishing with moving all of my thing to my new store. I had to sell Ol' 32nd Place, but so it goes.
Y/N: What did your store sell?
Woman: Oh, nothing important. Just old knick knacks.
(The woman continues talking with you as you walk along the busy roadway. Strangely, despite the lingering scent of rain, you could almost smell something from the woman. The smell was indescribable as a scent, but if it were a color, it would be the gold of every star in the night sky.)

[Hipster Restaurant]
(As you walked down the street, you passed by what appeared to be another trendy hipster restaurant situated in an alleyway. Coco and the others were sitting at a table near the sidewalk. You tried to not catch their attention; it didn't work. They walk over to you two.)
Coco: Aww, how cute. Little Miss Stinky is walking her old granny home.
Woman: ...well, that wasn't very polite of them.
Y/N: Ugh. Why do you keep bothering me? Can't you just leave me alone?
Coco: Yeah, I can. Or... I could do THIS!
(Without warning, Coco forcefully pushes past you and thrusts the woman into the oncoming traffic. Before a car can hit her, you drop the umbrella and pull her back onto the road.)
Y/N: Coco, what the hell is wrong with you?! You almost killed her!
Coco: Yeah, almost. God, who knew murder was so hard?
Chloé: Coco, that was a horrible thing you just—
Coco: Nobody asked Chloé! Let's just go. This suck-up isn't worth my time.
Dior: What about paying for the food?
Burberry: Relax! They know we'll pay when we come back.
(Except Chloé, they all cackle as they walk off. You pick up the umbrella once again.)
Y/N: I'm so sorry about that, ma'am. They don't really care about me all that much because I don't have any perfume.
Woman: Oh, it's fine. Well... well, no, it's not, that's just how people are sometimes.
Y/N: I just don't get why they value their perfumes so much...
Woman: Luxury can go to our heads easily, and it works as jealousy when you don't have it. I'm glad that it didn't go to yours, however.
Y/N: I mean, why would it? You're just a regular person, right?
Woman: Come with me.

[Bus Stop]
(The woman leads you to a vacant bus stop.)
Y/N: Why are we here?
Woman: You said you didn't have a reason to be envious, right?
Y/N: Yeah. I mean, I really liked your perfume, but that didn't change how I treated you.
Woman: Well, I'm sure you don't know this, but I'm actually the CEO of the biggest perfume company in this country.
Y/N: You're Ms. Olor?! Oh my God, I love your products! I used to go to your stores with my mom just to smell your vintage collection... well, I mean... before she...
Woman: Oh, heavens, I'm so sorry to hear about it, darling. If it's any consolation, you're not alone. I actually made the vintage collection to remind myself of the happy days I spent with my older brother before he was drafted into the war.
Y/N: You made those from your grief?
Woman: Oh, no. I made them of my happiness. You'll never get anywhere if you let your negativity and insecurities take over your mind. That's actually the reason why I want to bring back the vintage collection.
Y/N: You are? Oh, you have no idea how much that would mean to me!
Woman: It means a lot to me too. I have the sample bottles with me in case you want to sense your memories again.
Y/N: You'd let me smell them? I would love that!
(Carefully, she opened one of the boxes to reveal four vintage-looking bottles, each with a simple name: "Confidence", "Honesty", "Humor, and "Memories". You decide to take a whiff of the golden one labeled Memories. As soon as you spray it on your hand, you can smell the sweetness of homemade muffins and the saltiness of movie-theater popcorn.)
Y/N: Wow... this is the greatest perfume I've ever smelled.
Woman: A bit untraditional, I know, but memories only have to make you happy, so it doesn't matter. I think a lot of people secretly agree with that.
Y/N: I wish I had enough money to pay for it...
Woman: Well, I mean, if you want it, you can keep it. I can write off another bottle as the sample.
Y/N: Oh, thank you, Ms. Olor! I'll never forget this!
Woman: Take care, dear!
(As she said this, you ran off.)