14 ~ Lying In The Cold

Start from the beginning

"Welp, I gotta go do some house chores. I hope to see you and your annoying little golden twin gone by the time I come back out. Got it?"

(Y/n) nodded and her partner was released from the yellow bubble. He fell into a bush.

The Owl Lady retreated into her house. "You two better be on your way back to that poopy castle! Byee~"

"She was nice. I wonder why Belos wants her captured so bad." She gasped, "What if he has a secret crush on her!"

"No, that was Warden Wrath. He was the one who wanted her captured because he had a crush on her- that doesn't matter. Anyways-"

"Well then, why does he want her captured?"

"She's a wild witch. Wild witches defile the Titan's blessing and gifts to us."

"Interesting. I'd like to hear more once we get back home, but for now, how are we supposed to get her?"

"Right, I guess we need a better plan than jumping her." Hunter sighed, dusting himself off.

"Okay, whaddya got?" (Y/n) asked.

"Well. A little bit ago, Warden Wrath was able to lure The Owl Lady into the conformatorium by setting a trap and taking her dog's crown. So my plan is, we take the dog."

"We take the dog and have The Owl Lady come to us!"

"Exactly. Now we wait."

"Say, if Warden Wrath got her into the conformatorium, why isn't she still in there?"

"The Warden had her in his grasp, but then he was pathetically defeated by a powerless human and three other prisoners. Without magic, mind you!"

"Oh. Oh wow."

About half an hour later the pair was startled by the sound of a door being kicked open.

"Come now, Luz!" They heard a prominent voice say as the front door of the house swung open. The Owl Lady.

Behind her stepped a girl. She looked younger than the silver and golden pair. The girl had short, dark hair and wore a purple and white top. She had on a hat that looked warm and covered her ears.

"She has a kid?" The pair mumbled at the same time.

The Owl Lady and her kid walked into the forest, going in the direction of Bonesborough. Perfect.
Now was their shot to break in and take the dog.

The imperial pair approached the house. The door was made of wood and had an owl face on it. How on brand.

"Hello!" The owl face exclaimed. Its voice was shrill and ear rattling.

"What the-!" (Y/n) stumbled back, bumping into the Golden Guard. He grabbed her and stood her back up, holding her by the shoulders.

"Eda's not home right now, but I'd be happy to take any messages for herrr."

"We're not here to see the Owl Lady. We're here on the behalf of the Emperor." The Golden Guard stated. "We'd like to see the Owl Lady's dog. There's a new law that's been put into place that says all dogs must be checked for flesh eating flees. The Emperor cares about the dogs of the Isles."

(Y/n) looked to her partner, "really." She muttered.

"What-? I had to come up with it on the spot.." He muttered back.

"Hmm. King isn't a dog, nor does he need to be checked for flees, but you can always check me for fleeeees. Hoot!" The owl face came out of the door, it was a worm? Or a ..tube thing??

The Silver Scout flinched backwards, into the Golden Guard who held onto her. His grip was tense; he was also disturbed by the weird owl thing.

"I'm 20% mucus, but don't let that stop you! Come on! Check me for flees!"