𝟑𝟒 | 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐌𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

a/n: it's been too long oopsies

Thoma led Y/n to her room once again, since she had quite the forgetful memory. She thought her room would be in a poor condition since she was only there for whatever plan Ayato had in mind. However, the guest room was more well-kept and organized than she had expected.

"We usually use this room to greet figures of great importance so I was ordered to clean and maintain it daily," Thoma explained when he caught the glimpse of surprise on her face. "I'll leave you be then. Please call me if you need anything."

"Thank you."

He left the room, leaving Y/n to silently observe her surroundings before falling onto the soft mattress of the bed. The silk pillowcase felt smooth under her fingertips. She closed her eyes as fatigue took over.

The pretentious act she had to put up, the way her muscles tensed every second she walked around the Kamisato's territoryーthey all faded. She could feel her mask slipping away as she hugged herself tightly in bed.

"Scara...save me..." Her fingers dug into her arms in helplessness and fury. Her barely audible whisper faded as she drifted to a deep slumber. Fatigue got the better of her as the wrinkles on her face loosened.

Her vision went black and right after her plea for help, an electrifying aura surrounded the room. A wisp of purple smoke whirled around her and Scaramouche's figure slowly formed. A smile was on his lips as he stared at the sleeping girl, curled up and slightly shivering without her blanket.

A frown replaced his smile when he spotted the hydro elemental mark on her forehead. Enmity etched on his facial features as he stroked away the mark, his hand twitching uncontrollably. He had almost revealed the murderous intent in him. Almost.

"That Kamisato brat..."

The peck Ayato placed on her forehead was not solely just an act. He had placed it there to provoke Scaramouche. He wanted him riled up. He wanted him to snap and come for his neck.

He was baiting him.

"Hah...I see now..." Scaramouche laughed, keeping his calm as he stroked the electro mark on the back of Y/n's neck. A sheen coat of lavender surrounded her body as all the small traces of elemental marks left on her through physical touch were cleansed thoroughly in his presence.

The sly brat wasn't aiming for Y/n. He was aiming for Scaramouche from the very start.

"Y/n...sleep well..." Scaramouche whispered gently in her ear, his face incredibly close to hers. He then tilted his head and kissed her cheek, his figure slowly fading to nothingness leaving the remnants of smoke.