chapter 7 - season 1

word count: 4.2k
warnings: violence, slight graphic description, blood, cursing

"I can't believe you've fallen for it a second time now!" Kuzu-no-ha laughs into your ear, making you grumble at him. He has his arms wrapped around your waist, pressing your back flush against his chest. Just a few moments ago, he'd turned into an illusion of Xen and you...indulged in your desires once more. Frankly, you wanted to, as much as you hate to admit it.

Your demon continues to chuckle, dipping his head into the crooking of your neck, dragging his nose across your skin. He opens his mouth, hot breath fanning against your skin, fangs scraping across your neck. "Fuck off, Kuzu-no-ha." You hiss, only pulling another laugh from your demon. "You say that, yet you're still in my arms. How ironic." His lips brush against your neck, making you shiver; tempting to drink your blood.

"Why don't you just possess me already, huh? Or are you just a coward? Didn't I say you could possess me if I indulged in such desires?" You huff, spinning around in Kuzu-no-ha's arms to look him straight in the eyes. He holds your gaze steadily, unrelenting. "It's not enough," he snorts with slight annoyance, making you look at him confused. "It's not enough for me to possess you." He deadpans.

A frown tugs at your brows, aren't demons able to possess humans the second they show weakness to their desires? "You think I don't want to possess you? Hell, I'd just love to see you suffer when I do. There's just a threshold that I have to cross in order to do so, in your case." Kuzu-no-ha frowns, almost as confused as you are. Then the expression morphs into realisation. "Or maybe...you don't actually love that piece of shit guy."

What the hell is this guy even saying?

"What the fuck are you talking about?" You ask, pushing away from your demon. "Maybe you just liked the special attention he was giving you," Kuzu-no-ha shrugs his shoulders, watching triumphantly as you clench your fists tightly. "Maybe you did have a crush on him like a weird teenage girl, but you indulged more in the general feeling of someone giving you the attention you couldn't get as a kid."

You bite your lip, not saying anything. You knew yourself you had feelings for Xen, but to what extent? You could never really pinpoint it yourself. However, is what Kuzu-no-ha said really true? There's always that saying: 'don't confuse attention for affection'.

Kuzu-no-ha sighs, waving his hand at you, as if to shoo you away. "Ah well, I failed this time. The topic of romance is always confusing and disgusting," he pauses to scrunch his nose at it. "But it's the easiest thing to get you possessed by a demon. So I suggest you hurry up and fall in love with someone so I can take your body."

You roll your eyes, shaking your head at the smirking face in front of you. He's just lucky you need him to survive in this screwed up world, if not, you wouldn't even have thought about making a contract with a demon.

"You know, if you weren't such a pain in the ass I think we'd be good friends." You sigh, shooting Kuzu-no-ha a sarcastic smile. He mocks your smile and rolls his eyes, scoffing in response. "In your dreams, no one wants you." He waves his hand, immediately sending you out of your consciousness.

Well, he is right about that.

You open your eyes involuntarily, sitting up in your bed. A yawn escapes your lips and you run your hand through your hair in an attempt to neaten it. Hell, you feel like shit. In fact, you feel like you've gotten no sleep at all.

The thought of just laying in bed and going back to sleep crosses your mind but knowing your demon, he'd go and show you another illusion in his false hope of possessing you.

Reluctantly, you swing your legs over the bed and stand up, adjusting your shirt and stretching your limbs before walking out of the door. "Woah, what happened to you? You look like you got trampled on in your sleep." Yuichirou's voice sounds somewhere behind you, making you turn to glance at him; also meeting a pair of crimson eyes. Well goddamn, this is embarrassing.