𝟎𝟔. 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲

Start from the beginning

Flying was the one thing that made her feel completely in control. People could say that it seemed terrifying, to be alone in a jet with your life at risk at all times. But Juliette had the simple argument that her life was never one hundred percent safe - things could happen at any time. And when she was up in the sky, with her fingers gripping the control stick, her life was in no ones hands but her own.

"Come on, let's get it over with," Maverick sighed. His voice filled up the small room, suddenly peaking Juliettes interest.

"Fight's on!" Rooster growled angrily.

They couldn't see what was happening, but there was the sound of engines rushing and Juliette knew that the skies were most likely painted with aggression in that moment.

"What is with these two?" Hangman questioned through the radio.

Juliette glanced over at Bob, who was leaning his chin in his hands as he started straight at the radio. She then turned to Phoenix, but it seemed as though neither of them knew what was going on.

Out of all those in the room, Juliette was the one that knew more about the relationship between Maverick and Rooster. But well, she still didn't know much - after all, Maverick never told her explicitly, and Rooster wasn't considered as her friend - he was just the person who had hit on her, embarrassed himself and then started working with her. Not exactly material for sharing life secrets.

"Alright kid, you put us here," Maverick sighed. "How are you gonna get yourself out?"

"You can bail out anytime," Rooster argued.

"How low do you wanna go, Rooster?" Maverick questioned.

"I can go as low as you, sir. And that's saying something," Rooster replied with a snarl.

Juliette was getting more curious by the minute, and she could tell that everyone in the room had the same questions she did - maybe even more.

"They're gonna hit the hard deck," Phoenix pointed out.

"One of them will bail out," Juliette pointed out. "I just hope they aren't stubborn enough to wait too long."

"You seem to know Maverick the best," Bob spoke up. "Do you think he's gonna back down?"

Juliette didn't even have to think it over, she already knew the answer. "No," she mumbled. "Maverick doesn't back down on anything."

Phoenix glanced at the radio, her eyes squinted in thought. "Rooster seems more stubborn than usual."

"You think he won't bail out?" Juliette questioned.

"Not unless he's forced." Phoenix replied seriously.

Juliette nodded her head, eyes focused as she stared at the radio. The more time she spent around the team, the more she yearned to know about what was happening behind the scenes with Maverick and Rooster.

She wished Maverick would be honest with her - that he would trust her enough to tell her what was haunting him from his past. But it seemed as though the only two people who would know the full story were the men that were currently battling it out in the skies.

"What's past is past-" Maverick spoke through the comms. "For both of us."

"You'd like to believe that, wouldn't you?" Rooster retorted.

"Hard deck is five-thousand feet fellas-" Hangman warned. "You are running out of room."

Juliette could tell that everyone listening in on the radio with her was on the edge of their seats. She didn't really know what to think about the fact that in the midst of training, two people - one of which she counted as nearly family, were squabbling around and nearly killing each other.