51: A new beginning.

Start from the beginning

"Rem." said the Slytherin, nudging his arm gently "Come on, wake up."

He only pulled the covers higher up in response, letting them swallow him completely. Josette sighed and sat on his bed, prying the covers off of him "At least eat something."

He sat up "That goes for you too." he quipped

Josette gave him a small smile and removed a pack of cigarettes from her pocket. Remus shuffled on the bed, crossing his legs and tucking them, leaving space for the her to sit comfortably at the foot of the bed. She lit up a cigarette before giving the packet to him.

"You're smoking too much." Remus commented not before taking one for him as well.

"You are drinking too much." She quipped taking note of the flask he always carries around and the empty bottles under his bed.

He let out a laugh. "Guess we both are wrong then." He took the cigarette from her hand crushing it into the ask tray and threw his flask into the bin. "We can't keep doing this, we made her a promise."

"And we should live upto it." Josette finished for him as a small smile found it's way to her.

"No more crying, depression, drinking, smoking, etc."

"A new beginning??"

"A new beginning." He smiled and quickly pulled her into a hug.

"You know, I saw it." She mumbled.

"Saw what??"

"Your future. I'm sorry I shouldn't have but..." she trailed off not exactly finding an excuse.

"It's alright." He sighed "Not like it's ever going to happen."

"It can, you know. Alyssa Vega has a thing for you."

Remus chuckled "I'm done for relationships at the moment. So, no."

"Your wish, just know I told you." She laughed. Both stayed silent in each other's arms, Josette was listening to his steady heartbeat, quietly while Remus put his chin on her head and a sudden thought hit him. "Do you want to go?" he asked

"Go where?"

He took in a deep breath "Her grave, me and the lads visited it while you were, you know, kidnapped. We had a funeral. "

"A funeral??" She asked confused.

"Yes, you know, where we bury the dead and pay our respects." He said, confused by why would she ask something like this.

"There's no-" she stopped mid sentence "Nothing, nothing."

"What?? Tell me." He asked "Come on."

"Except there's no body to bury, Asgardians disloves into thin air after their death. On earth it's instantly but on Asgard we have a funeral and then it disappears." Josette explained.

"Wow!!" He scoffed "I have been visiting her daily since her death and talking to her only to know that she's not there at all." He was offended that Jenna and Elijah kept this secret from him.

"Except, she's listening to you daily." She pointed up, indicating Meredith's heaven.

"So, we have nothing left of her here??" He asked.

"We have. The memories." She smiled "Or you would just 'Avada Kedavra' me and I'll hop you again to meet her."

"As much as I would love to but no. No more risking life. A normal human life rather than the Goddess of Death."

"Sure." She levitated two bottles of firewhisky and handed one to him "To a new beginning." She raised the bottle.

"To a new beginning." He clicked the bottles and connected it to their lips drowning into alcohol for rest of the day. A last day of misery before a new beginning.