After reaching my floor, I asked Jay to be in contact with the PR team before reaching the door and placed my hand on the handle.

However, I don't want to open it and see his disappointed look at all. I took a deep breath and entered the cabin and found him staring at me with the look I don't want to see.

"Now, tell us what happened yesterday." Dad asked looking at Kanika and I am glad she stayed silent.

"I went to celebrate Shrishti's engagement party along with Prathap and we both got drunk. She was concerned about me and let Anny take Prathap to his place. That's all!" I explained but he continued to look at her.

"You knew he went to the bar with his friends?" He asked and she shook her head in negative while I frowned thinking how did she find out and came to pick me up in the first place.

"Then how did you go and pick them up?" He continued and she calmly replied, "Vikranth called me and asked me to pick him up from the bar."

"Is Shrishti not in the company group anymore? She doesn't know that yesterday was Vikranth's first marriage Anniversary?" Dad asked looking at Mohan Uncle, and I don't understand why is he asking that but she already left the group a few weeks back to concentrate on her relationship and also because she is not related to matters going on in the company.

Wait! Vikranth's first marriage anniversary? Mine? My eyes widened as I finally remembered the arrangements and I actually was going to walk out to reach the house for the party before Shrishti called me.

That's why Dad is disappointed at this level. I didn't just let Prathap and Anny get into this scandal but also didn't attend my own party where the Board of members were also invited and a few business partners and clients.

"But Prathap is in the group and he knows about it." Mohan Uncle added while I continued to think about what to do about this.

"What can we say about Prathap when the main person itself doesn't seem to remember about yesterday's anniversary party." Dad commented while sitting in my chair.

"Don't tell me you actually forgot, Vikranth. Your expression seems to be showing shock." Mohan Uncle asked while I simply apologized as I don't have any kind of explanation for that.

"I invited the press yesterday as it will be good publicity because you are newly appointed CEO. However, this just caused another problem for the company." He continued shaking his head with a disappointed look.

I glanced away not knowing how to tell him that I didn't intend to let things go this way. I am sorry! I want to tell him but I didn't say anything while hoping there is a way to get out of this.

I need to think not just about GH but also about Anny's career and also Prathap's and Shrishti's life as I am not sure how will it be now with her engaged and with him ending up in a scandal with an actress.

My phone started ringing and I found it is Jay who is calling me. They must have found a solution and I immediately glanced at Dad to let me go and handle this but stopped when the door opened.

Anny, Prathap, and Pramod Uncle entered the cabin while Prathap just has a confused look. He must have not even checked the articles on the way for sure.

When Dad started talking, I calmly asked him to let me handle this before it gets worse but he brushed me off saying we three messed up so much that it is not just about the agency but the whole GH.

Three? Is he including Anny? I asked him the same after Anny explained what actually happened but Pramod Uncle brushed her off this time.

"Do you want a list now?" He asked before glancing at Kanika who is sitting calmly as I asked her to with a frown.