"Ro and I have already talked about it. Neither of us have a problem with Leo moving in with us. We'll have to do some adjusting, but we'll make it work."

My mom smiled before coming over and giving me a hug.

"Thank you so much. This means a lot to us and I know it's going to mean a lot to Leo," she added.

"What's going to mean a lot to me?"

I turned seeing Leo standing in the doorway. My mom turned to him.

"Your brother agreed to you moving in with him and Aurora."

I watched my little brother roll his eyes.

"Oh now you want me to move in?"

"I never said I didn't. When you first asked, yeah it caught me off guard. I just didn't know how mom and dad were going to feel about it, but they're on board. Ro and I don't have a problem with it. We have some things to discuss and work out, but if you still want to move in, you're more than welcome."

I was being careful with my words to not set him off.

"You mean that?"

I nodded.

"There will be rules. When we get back to New Jersey, Ro and I will sit down and go over all of that and what we expect."

"That's fine. I wouldn't disrespect yours and Ro's home."

"Yet you're disrespecting mom and dad."

He put his head down.

"Look, I get that it's hard dealing with parents sometimes. Still, what you did to mom's car was out of pocket."

"I apologized," he muttered.

"That doesn't change what happened, you know that. We're leaving tomorrow so you need to pack up your stuff so we can get it shipped out."

"I'll help you," my mom quickly said.

I already knew she was leaving me to talk to my dad. As the Leo and my mom left, my dad turned his attention to me.

"Sebastian..."

"What, dad?"

He took a deep breath. I was being an asshole. We hadn't spoke in over a year unless it was through my mother. He tried calling, I ignored. 

"It's been over a year, son. Talk to me, say something."

"I have nothing to say to you. The last time I saw you not only did you disrespect me, but you disrespected Aurora."

"I did and I've apologized to her. I've tried apologizing to you. They always say you don't know what you have until it's gone. I am a 50 year old man that's lost pretty much everything, Sebastian."

"That's on you. You brought all this on yourself. Mom stood by your side and all you did was throw yourself into your career. You know she wanted to leave you 16 years ago? I was 10. We barely saw you. She thought you were cheating on her with how much you worked."

He quickly shook his head.

"I've done a lot of things, but cheating on your mother wasn't one of them. Son, when you were born, it was one of the happiest yet scariest times of my life. Your mother had just graduated college and I was entering my career. I wanted to be able to provide for both you and her. In the midst of that, I lost sight of what the foundation was, family. I kept chasing this high of getting to the top of the ladder. Now that I'm there, it doesn't matter because none of you are with me."

"Sucks to be you," I mumbled.

He gave me a look.

"I am really trying here Sebastian, but you aren't making it easy."

"Why the hell should I? You always put me second, in everything! Your job always came first. Do you know how that made me feel growing up and all you did was become more and more distant?!"

"Son..."

"No, you wanted me to talk and say something, let me talk then. I was always into something because my boys, my brothers, were my safe space. We all needed a little more guidance and direction and had to learn how to grow up together. Things got shaky for you when I almost got locked up my Junior year, right? All your corporate pals talking shit about you and your hothead son. I was an embarrassment."

"That's not what happened, Bash."

"Oh, really? Could've fooled me. You cursed me out for fighting. I could take that. I did it behind yours and mom's back. Then you hit me with the I'm not setting a good name for this family and I could ruin your career with my stunts. You didn't say that? You didn't tell me if I straightened up and got my grades together that you'd buy me a car once I graduated?"

"I'm sorry, son. I'm so sorry."

"Your apology doesn't change what happened and you're right, it's going to take me some time to let you back in my life. I don't know how long it's going to be. I just... I'm trying to navigate my own life in being a father to Madison and Wyatt and the best partner I can be to Aurora. Any distractions outside of that are not a priority for me right now."

"I understand it's going to take time. I just want you to know that I'm really working on myself and seeing where I went wrong. I know I hurt you, your mother, and Leo. I wish I hadn't, but I know I did. I sincerely apologize for that. I'm hoping down the line, you can open your heart to forgive me and I can build a relationship with you as an adult and get to know my grandchildren and that lovely girlfriend of yours. It's only a matter of time before you make her your wife, I'm sure."

Leo came back down.

"I thought you were packing?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Mom kicked me out and said I was doing it all wrong and kicked me out. I know she just wants things organized a certain way so I left her to do it," he replied.

Next thing I hear is my mom yelling Leo's name. Her footsteps were fast and heavy. When she appeared in the kitchen, she was holding a wad of cash and 3 baggies of what looked to be weed. Leo strikes again. I couldn't help him out of this one.

----------

Author's Note---

Leo selling drugs? Will their dad step up and handle this one? Will this stop him from moving in with Bash?

Likes and comments appreciated!