THE CAVE

"You can't feel guilty when you've done nothing wrong

"You can't feel guilty when you've done nothing wrong...."

They failed.

They couldn't get help back.

They didn't make it far enough.

They left everyone all alone.

But all the kids could think was, they were gone. An aura of sadness, loneliness filled the main hub, something familiar to a certain 12 year old girl. There was still little hope, as only a beeping sound could be heard.

Will didn't want to accept the fact that maybe his father was really gone, he just couldn't. He and John had this messenger radio, by which they could send each other messages in code by fast radio bursts. If his father survived he would surely reply back somehow.

"Maybe its the repeater, I'm still adjusting. Or the wrong frequency. Maybe the parabolic reflector's interfering with the signals." Kept rambling Will when he got no response from his father as Judy kept interrupting him.

"You can't reach him."

"You don't know that." Defended Will.

"I saw it." Reasoned Penny.

"What colour was the explosion? Was it red? Red could indicate low temperature combustion which proves parts of the ship could still be intact."

"It wasn't red." Penny mumbled sadly.

"Did you see any pieces fall to the ground?"

"I don't know." Answered Anna, also not wanting to give Will fake hope.

"Dad was wearing a suit. He'd have oxygen. He could be fine. We don't know for sure-" Will got cut off by his oldest sister.

"Okay, but here's what we do know. Dad would not want us to be focused on him right now. He'd want us to find mom."

"How? Dr. Smith could have taken her anywhere." Pointed out Penny. She was so mentally exhausted.

"Well that's the point, isn't it? Smith took Maureen that tells us that she clearly needed her help otherwise she  would have taken Will." said Anna.

Will told them that Smith had the robot's head with her and she mentioned that she could somehow bring him back. But that still didn't explain the fact that that why she needed Maureen for that. If she just wanted that, she would have taken Will's help.

"Where are you going?" Asked Anna when Judy started to exit the hub.

"Sitting here doesn't help. They can't have gone too far."

"Wait, I'm coming with you." Spoke Will.

"Will, no okay? Just stay here."

"But, I can help."