Prologue

Log date: 04/23/2026

Day 56 since hell broke loose.

Multiple shells have been spotted at the lighthouse. Coastlines littered with lifeless bodies roaming the shore as the waves carry away the remnants of rotting flesh. Busan has quieted down around five days ago indicating the innocent lives lost due to the Cyst Corporation.

When they took control of the economies of both Western Europe and East Asia the world fell into the hands of a corrupt monopoly that strived to "better" the people.

They developed what was known as "the switch". They prefaced that the product was meant to aid those with special needs by correcting their brain structures to abide by the normal flow of society. They programmed these instructions into a chip that was injected into the frontal cortex of the brain, effectively overriding and diminishing all control from the person. What was unknown from the public though was the inhuman capabilities that followed after being injected with the switch. "Shells" were what the company classified these experiments as, demonstrating how each shell became equipped with heightened strength, hearing, sight, and intelligence.

Once humanity caught on to the atrocity created by the Cyst Corporation, governments around the world began to split and divide, throwing blame at each other eventually leading to World War III.

The world spun in chaos as governments collapsed, economies failed, and social structures crumbled and toppled over allowing for the full-on takeover of the Cyst Corporations.

The CEO of the Cyst Corporation, European millionaire Wallace Branch, justified that "the switch" would take away this human tendency of denial. He felt the world needed to be fixed and reconstructed into a perfect society that is controlled by the flawless mind of himself. The man has enslaved millions and programs each shell to spread by just a bite to the head.

Even though the world and the home I live in is broken, nothing can stop me and my group from restoring it.