Chapter 1: Where it all started

Beaten and Broken trying to find her Way

A/N: Hello every one. This is my first crack at writing something for anyone else to read. I hope you like. Let me know and I am open to constructive criticism and I swear the chapters get better as it gets further into the story. I Know this first chapter is a bit choppy but have faith i think this could be a good story...

Chapter 1: Where it all started

BANG!!!!!!!

I was jolted awake from the loud sound that I think might have now punctured my ear drum.

"Miss Carmichael! If you continue to sleep through the beginning of my class I don't see the point of you being here." A stern older woman with stark white hair twisted into a tight bun stood staring at me holding a ruler. I am sure she just used it to create that loud bang still ringing in my ears.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Chambers, I didn't sleep well last night it won't happen again." I tried to put on the most innocent smile I could muster as I know my parents would kill me if I got into trouble. I couldn't help but yawn and roll my eyesonce our incredibly boring history teacher turned around.

"Who ever thought to have history as the first period should be shot!" Ally giggled sitting in the desk across from me.

"No kidding" I smirked.

Ally was the best girl friend that I had. She didn't judge and was always there to keep me sane through all the high school drama. Every girl envied her, even if they didn't want to admit it. Ally was gorgeous with long flowing red hair that always seemed to fall in the right place, shimmering hazel eyes and a body that any boy would dream to have holding onto their arm.

The bell rang and Ally hooked her arm in mine and pulled me out into the hallway. "So what do you have planned for the weekend? Something more eventful than star gazing and a good book I hope." She asked while skipping to our next class.

"Hey, star gazing with Travis is a tradition. We have done it ever since we were little, and I don't see you complaining when you joined us." I stuck my tongue out at her. I always hated when she made fun of the nights I hung out with Travis.

"That's because he usually brings that cute Brian with him to keep me occupied while he keeps you all to himself" Ally teased.

"Why do you say those things, he's almost like my brother Ally!" I pinched her arm as I know that she's not going to let it go till she makes her point, and I really couldn't handle any one over hearing her oh so casual teasing.

"Almost being the keyword and we all know how you really feel." She just brushed away my fingers like nothing.

I grabbed her arm and practically dragged her into the washroom, locking the door behind me. "What did I tell you about talking about that at SCHOOL!" I scolded her as I bent down to see if there was any one else in the room.

"Come on Lily I was only teasing. You know I would never blurt out how you have secret feelings for your hottie of a best friend. Believe me Lil you should just tell him, I think you might be surprised." Ally said while hugging me.

"Ally you know how he feels. He's my dearest friend other than you and he thinks of me as the reliable sister friend and could never possibly see me like that." I just shook my head.

She just didn't understand there's no way Travis could feel that way. I could only wish.

"You just don't see yourself the way I do," She let out a sigh while she unlocked the door. "Come on, before we are late."

As the day dragged on, my mind wondered to our conversation earlier and the usual thoughts it brought up. I never quite understood why Ally became my friend at the beginning. Ally could have picked any one to be her best friend, any group, and any crowd. However she told me once, that the first time she met me there was just something about me that pulled her in. Every time we got into the conversation now, she just tells me that even though my self esteem didn't reflect it, I was beautiful and one day I would see what everyone else felt around me if given the chance.