Chapter 4: A new world

Start from the beginning

The old man pauses for a moment. "About that" the old man began. "Don't try to die much,"

"I should really keep my mouth shut," Ryan mumbled to himself. "Why?"

"You lose all your progress if you die. You get reset" the old man concluded.

"Reset? You saved that for last!?" Ryan asked spitefully.

"Alright bye-bye," The man said as he moved the portal towards Ryan which sucked him in.

"I DIDN'T WISH FOR THIS!" Ryan said as he gets sucked into the portal.

"Stupid kids. Always making wishes and blaming us if something goes wrong" The man said shaking his head.

Earth, 2022.

Ryan falls face-first to the ground. Ryan groaned as he got back up.

"Damn you!" He cursed, looking at the sky. He looked around only to find tall green trees and beds of plain grass.

"I don't even get a house?" Ryan muttered.

Ryan wandered around for a while looking around the area. He found acres of land filled with tall trees, with beautiful birds on them humming a tune.

"Where the hell am I?" He asked himself.

He was enjoying it though, The birds the nature, it was something Ryan rarely experienced on Expance. Ryan strolled aimlessly for about an hour trying to think of a plan to get some money. He thought of larceny but immediately threw it in the garbage he's not going to break the law. He thought of buying and selling but how much money does he have? A penny. He thought of getting a job but on what basis would he get one? He wasn't even sure if these people spoke English. Maybe he could get a retail job with some luck but it would take ages for him to earn that much money and defeat a dragon.

None of these matter if he doesn't find human civilisation first.

Ryan sat down to rest for a while he had been walking and walking and walking while brainstorming for a good couple of hours. That's when he encountered a foul beast.

While taking a quick break, Ryan saw a bush nearby rumbling. "Hello?" He called out. He got no answer.

"Okay," he said to himself in a low voice. Just as he began thinking, another rumble and another.

Ryan got up and advanced slowly towards a bush.

WHOOSH SKSAKWOSEHTK.

A Foul creature darted towards him clinging to his hair.

"Stop attacking me you foul beast" He yelled as he tried to yeet it off his hair. The beast changed positions as Ryan's hand zoomed toward him

It grunted back.

"Oh let's see about that," he said getting a hold of the cat and thugging it off of his shirt.

"Kyle!" Ryan heard a faint call.

"Help!" Ryan yelled. The beast dug his claws into Ryan's arm and bit his finger he managed to shake the beast off before any serious damage could be done