The End

Chapter Twenty Nine

Three weeks later Vicky was able to manage a full recovery, she was able to sit up now and the bandage around her head had finally been removed along with her stitches. It was odd for her to meet her real family. In truth she would never be able to recover her memory but she knew deep down that somehow this time there was no lies behind any of it. Her mother spent a lot of time beside Alex and she, showing her all her baby photograph's and pictures she'd painted as a child, along with so many other memories.

She was glad that her real mother had kept all of their priceless memories for her to see. Now she would have them all over again without her struggling to think what she was like growing up or as a child. Her leg would recover soon, along with the other scratches and bruises that covered her body. The only thing that consumed her mind was Lacy

Although relatives of her had claimed the small child, Vicky would see to it that she seek her out.

****

Alex smiled and held Vicky close sitting next to her on the bed. He was happier than ever to finally be able to start all over again. A few court dates had been put up to protest against Mr. Holiday and his wife. Grace's body had been dug up as well and finally buried properly. He along with Max, Izzy and Jenny attended her funeral, friends of hers showed up as well. He was glad that everything would be getting back to normal. The life he lived without her for three years had been enough pain for him. All he wanted now was to have a happy life and possibly a happy marriage as well. He hadn't popped the question yet, but he was waiting for the right moment to let her know.

Proposing to her in a hospital wasn't what he wanted, he would wait just a little longer although his heart screamed out for him to do it now as he sat there huddled close to her.

"Alexander, may I have a word with you," his mother asked. He nodded and kissed Vicky on the lips before walking right outside her door.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"No nothing at all, but I believe I might be able to give closure to all of this mess." She sighed.

"Closure to what?"

"Remember a few days ago, you spoke to me about the morgue information?" she whispered.

"Right," he replied.

"I don't know if you remember Luanne," she began.

Alex let out a chuckle and the memory of it all quickly came to him. She was the one who had mistakenly kissed Vicky thinking she liked her.

"She went missing...three years ago, almost four now," she went on. Her words brought Alex back to reality as he stared at his mother.

"What are you saying?" he asked.

"An officer came by and gave us a report of a woman fleeing the wreck. Luanne. We may never know what happened between them two but I am certain she had something to with it. The police have been searching for her since." His mother sighed.

"Mom, Luanne could have possibly caused the accident." Alex replied

"Yes, what I don't understand it what was she doing in the car with Vicky?" she asked.

Alex shook his head and stood there bewildered by it all. That day at the bakery Vicky had clearly let her know that she was not interested in her in that way. All Luanne had done was simply walk out embarrassed. He never heard from her again. He had attended college with her but never really bothered to pay attention to her.

"I'm sure they will clear everything up." She whispered.

"Of course," he agreed.

The doctor then arrived and kindly smiled to both of them, "I have wonderful news," he smiled brightly. "Victoria will be able to head home tonight; we just need to check a few more things before we finally let her go."

They nodded and then the doctor flipped through a few more pages before looking up at them brightly.

"Congratulations," he said patting Alex in the arm.

Alex nodded confused and then finally had to ask "For?"

"You saved her life and brought closure to all of this mess, and in return the heavens have blessed you with a child." The doctor replied. Alexander's knees nearly buckled at the wonderful news.

"Surprise!" his mother shouted hugging him tightly. He stood there wide eyed, a stupid grin on his face as he held his mother back.

"I-I'm gonna be dad?" he asked still shocked.

"We wanted to tell you for nearly a week now, she's almost a month pregnant." His mother squealed.

Alex smiled and rushed into the room starring at his soon to be wife trying to sit up. He hadn't thought the moment was right but now it did felt perfect. He held her close and kissed the top of her head nearly a million times before proposing to her. Vicky clutched him tightly and managed a yes, through her happy tears.

Things couldn't be all the more perfect as both of them held each other, finally together, to never ever be apart again, not even in death. Alex would spend his afterlife searching for his soul mate even after he gave his last breath on earth.

'Together forever' was what he had engraved on the white diamond engagement ring she had worn long ago. He smiled as he watched her eyes sparkle as the giant square diamond reflected in her eyes. She smiled and kissed him feeling the happiest she would ever feel.

If two people were meant to be together, nothing and no one would ever keep them apart, not even in death.

THE END

THIS JUST IN! Numb has been uploaded. Continue reading to find what will happen with Max. 😉

********

A Word From The Author:

Finally we reach the last chapter to Lifeless. When I began this sequel I thought it was going to provide a challenge for me. But you the reader gave me so much encouragement to keep writing. In all honesty it is your honest opinions and that give us hope to keep writing. So don't stop reading, commenting on other stories, you give many authors hope to keep going. Although some writer's block presented itself along the way I was able to find my way around it and finally bring you the story you have read. I hope that all of you enjoyed reading it as I did writing it. I never expected a sequel to come from it in all honesty. Thank you once again for being with me every step of the way and waiting for my uploads. Below is a list of other stories a have written, many have trouble looking for them, but an easier way would be to click on my profile and it will give you all of my stories there.

Thank You Once Again,

You're Author,

Mara L. Ortiz

Arranged (Completed) / Historical Fiction

Reborn (Sequel to Wilting Roses-Completed)

Unpredicted (Completed)

Alliance (Completed)

Desolate (Completed)

Henrietta (Completed) / Historical Fiction

Table's Turn (-Completed)

Bleak (Werewolf Romance-Completed)