Chapter 38 ~ The Aunt

Recap:

"To the home of the most awesome aunt in history."

"How long has it been since the spider-child left?" Loki spoke up after a long while of waiting for the teen to return. Natasha checked her phone.

"Two hours."

"Shouldn't we check if something has happened?" Thor's voice was laced with concern.

"I'm not in the mood to go schizo today, but if you want to take your chances, go ahead." Clint gestured to the hall, still sour about the incident that put him out of commission for two days.

"I'll go." Loki marked his page and moved to stand, but Thor placed a firm hand on his shoulder and forced him down again.

"With how your last interaction ended, I don't think it would be wise." His voice was so concerned Loki wanted to hit him. He shoved his hand away.

"I'll be quite alright, brother," Loki snapped, moving again when the irritating voice of the owner of the building filled the room.

"What are we talking about?" Tony strutted into the room, coffee mug in one hand, screen in the other, and a piece of paper in his mouth. They all looked up.

"Peter came in looking for Reyna about two hours ago and-" Instantly, Tony's focus left the screen to stare at the redhead.

"Where's the kid?"

"He left to go find her. He kept going on about some project-"

"Where is the kid?"

"In Reyna's room."

"Alone?" Tony exclaimed, going paler than they had ever seen him.

"Yeah, we were just discussing- Tony where are you going?" Clint started explaining when the genius turned on his heel and marched out of the room.

"To make sure Pitch hasn't killed him," he called back already in the elevator. The doors closed and he was gone just as quickly as he had appeared.

"Well, that sorted itself out," Clint concluded and readjusted himself on the couch to resume his nap.

"Would Reyna really kill the child?" Thor asked quietly, almost scared of the answer.

"No, she would never hurt him." Nat stated as a matter of fact. Loki sighed painfully, picking up his book again.

"Not Reyna, Enyo..."

Tony returned to the now full living room after a few minutes with nothing but a note in his hand, looking both concerned and dumbfounded, setting everyone on edge.

"They're gone." Everyone flew out of their seats.

"What you mean, they're gone?" Steve demanded. Tony looked up from the note.

"They left the compound."

"Let me see that." Nat marched up to Tony and yanked the small piece of paper from him. She read it once to herself, then she read it aloud:

Dear Avengers.

Reyna and I have left the compound. She showed me what you put her through last week and decided that she needed some air, so we are off on a brief holiday from the compound and from you all. I'm really disappointed that you would do something like this, and I sincerely hope you respect her wishes. You won't be able to contact either of us, and if you come searching for us, Reyna says she will deal with you in any way she sees fit. So, please, for your own sake, leave us alone.