Chapter Eight: Plans And Ideas

Robin sat on the couch silently. His heart felt heavy in his chest as he mindlessly flipped through the channels on the large tv. He couldn't stop thinking about Danny and how scared he must be. He sighed and slumped down farther on the couch. As Robin clicked through the channels he stopped on a news station reporting about another mysterious burglary. Robin knew it was obviously Danny. He rested his head on his fist as he continued to think of his little brother. He sighed as he turned the tv off and walked back to his room. He stared at the small photos and news articles about Danny that he had saved. He loved seeing how heroic and brave his brother was. A tear slid down his cheek. He placed the items down on his bed and plopped down on his desk chair. He began trying to come up with ideas that could save Danny. They could trap him and Cyborg could hack in to the collars system. No that wouldn't work Slade has probably already thought of a way around that plan. He rested his head on the edge of his desk. He let out a sad sigh as more tears fell from his eyes. Suddenly he thought that if they could destroy the device that Slade uses to control the collar and Danny then it might short circuit the collar and release Danny from Slade's control. His head popped up as he thought about the idea. It could work plus it was the only good plan he'd thought of so far. He got up to tell the titans of his plan but stopped when he saw on his alarm clock that it was midnight. He decided to wait and tell them in the morning. He untucked the covers from his bed and slipped under them. The soft warm fabric rubbed against the small bits of skin the shown through his clothes. Robin turned on his side and removed his mask from his face revealing his sky blue eyes. Then he slowly drifted off to sleep. Robin awoke to the beeping of his alarm clock. He slammed his fist on the off button causing the sound to cease. He slowly slipped his domino colored mask over his blue eyes. He yawned as he sat up. He walked to the bathroom and took a handful of slimy hair gel. He spread it across his raven black hair creating spikes. He then remembered his plan and how he had to tell the other titans. He walked to the main ops room to see his friends eating breakfast. They greeted him and he told them of his plan. They nodded in agreement that his plan seemed logical. They all then devised a strategy to sneak in to Slade's lair and get the controller. They created a complicated battle plan yet they all understood it. Robin then looked up with determination in his eyes and said "Let's go get my brother back."