Chapter Nineteen: The Final Chapter

Robin walked in through doors of the tower. He walked to the main room to see his team. He told them what had happened. Though they didn't approve at first they soon realized it had to be done. Robin then nodded and walked over to the medical bay. He saw his brother laying calmly on the hospital bed. The room was quiet except for the small beeps that came from the heart monitor that was strapped to Danny's body. Robin sighed as he slowly stepped in to the room letting the door slide shut behind him. He caught sight of the small calendar that hung on the wall. It had almost been one year since Danny had joined the team. "Well it's been one heck of a first year." Robin said softly to himself. He then began thinking over the past year. He had found his long lost brother, his brother had been captured by some ghost called Skulker, Slade had forced his brother in to becoming his apprentice by controlling, his brother had run away from home, and now his brother lay in a coma because Slade had blasted and stabbed him. Robin had almost lost his little brother multiple times. He just hoped he wouldn't truly lose him. His brother had to wake up eventually. Robin sighed and flopped down on the bed next to the one his brother lay in. He began thinking. What if his brother never woke up? Suddenly he heard sot groans coming from his brother's bed. He sat up quickly and hopeful. He was greeted with the joyous sight of his younger brother sitting slightly upright with his eyes slowly opening. "Danny!" Robin yelled as quickly jumped and wrapped his brother in hug. "What happened?" Danny asked as he slowly returned the hug. "We almost lost you." Robin in a slight whisper. A few tears fell from his eyes and dripped on to his brother's shoulder. "It's ok bro I'm ok now." Danny said in a soft voice as he hugged his brother tighter. Robin released his brother and wiped away the tears that clouded his eyes. The two brothers smiled at each other before Robin called the rest of the team in to the room. Cyborg removed the tubes from Danny's body while Starefire brought in a bowl of soup. She handed the bowl to Danny and he took it great fully as he was starving. He filled the spoon with the hot liquid and brought it up to his lips. He blew softly on the spoon. A small drop fell back down to bowl making a tiny splash. He then opened his mouth and let the hot substance slide down his throat. Once he had emptied the bowl he handed it back to Starfire. She smiled joyfully and accepted the item. She set it on a table that sat in the room. Danny adjusted his position and winced slightly from pain. Cyborg noticed this and reached in to a medicine cabinet. He pulled out a small bottle, shook out a pill, and filled a glass with water. "Here this should help with any pain you're having." Cyborg said as he handed Danny the items. "Thanks." Danny said as he set the small pill on his tongue and swallowed it. Danny laid back and rested on his pillows. He smiled as his eyes slowly began to droop. Robin smiled happily as he moved the team out of the room. Images of Slade attacking him flashed throughout his mind as he slept. Danny's eyes filled with fear as Slade drove the cold metal dagger through his chest. "NO!" Danny shouted as he shot upright. His breathing became heavy as his eyes darted around the room to see if the mad man was there. Robin quickly ran in to the room full of worry. "Danny what's wrong?!" Robin asked as went up to his brother. Tears escaped from Danny's eyes as he embraced his brother in a hug. "I can't get him out of my mind." Danny sobbed as he nuzzled his face in to Robin's shoulder. Robin hugged his brother closer. "It's okay he's gone now. He can't hurt you ever again. I promise." Robin said softly. Danny slowly pulled away from his brother. He looked at him with tear stained cheeks. A smile crept on to the halfa's lips. "I love you." Danny said in a soft voice. "Love you to." Robin said as he pulled his brother back in to a hug.