“Come back to bed.” He said, while he raked his eyes over my body. His voice was husky and his eyes where blue. He licked his lips as he stared at mine and my heart leap and I wanted to go back to him, needed to, but I had to make sure Sammy was okay and she hadn’t gotten us into any trouble. Biting my lower lip teasingly I said,

“Laters babe.” Then I winked as I left and I heard him mutter to himself, “She’s going to be the death of me.”

Smirking as I continued towards Sammy’s room. I really enjoyed teasing him, it made me feel powerful, like beyond measure, strong enough to move mountains and I liked it. The way he looked at me, like I was his world, his only reason for living and God help me that was how I felt about him.

As I neared Sammy’s door, I had gotten a sense of dread, of some sort of impending doom. I know it sounded melodramatic or something, but the feeling was unnerving.

I rushed to the partially opened door and pushed it completely open, surveying the empty room. The bed wasn’t slept in, the window was still closed and everything seemed to be in place. I walked into the room and glanced out of the window and saw nothing but a dense mist.

She never came home last night, which meant that she could be in danger… her bad guy boyfriend could have captured her or something.

I rushed from the room, towards Hunter and my room, snagging the phone on the dresser.

Hunter was busy tying his pants when I rushed in.

“What is it?” he asked, sensing I was anxious about something.

“It’s Sammy. She hadn’t come home and I think Quinn has something to do with it.”

“Quinn?”

“Yeah, he’s her-“I just about stopped myself from spilling the beans. I really should have been a mute.

“He’s her what?” He asked stalking towards me.

“Er… nothing.” I said glancing down to dial the number, but Hunter stopped me by covering my hand, before I could hit the dial button.

“Why won’t you tell me? Don’t you trust me Snow?” He asked hurt clear in his voice.

“I do trust you Hunter I do.”

“Then why are you keeping things from me?”

“Because I-I…” I trailed and sighed. He’s right, I’m not being honest with him, he deserved to know. I gulped down a deep breath and looked up. I was treating him as if I didn’t trust him,

“Fine… I’ll tell you everything. You might want to sit down.”

So I did… I told him about Quinn being Sammy’s mate, I told him about Zeff knowing about me being a wolf, but left out the part about him black mailing me because of it. After last night, Hunter was still itching to kick his ass from here to Timbuk-three, and if he found out Zeff was using the knowledge to make advances on me, he would freak and then there would really be no stopping him.

I told him about my new power to read minds, he seemed a little uneasy or guilty but I didn’t really take note of it and I told him about what I found out last night, as well as watching Quinn follow Sammy into the dark.

“…and that’s why I need to find out if she’s okay. Hunter, I totally forgot about her. I was so caught up last night in us that I simply… forgot. God if anything happened to her because of me…” I said as I began to pace, the uneasiness returning in full force.

Hunter reached out and snagged my wrist pulling me to him.

“It’s not your job to look after everyone.”