Chapter 34: Change

Mulai dari awal

"Plus you're only getting a taste of your own medicine," he grinned.

"You...!"

"Don't look at me like that, if you made the right decision this wouldn't have happened."

"Machida and Takemoto," called out a familiar voice.

"Yahiko." Both of them said at the same time.

His voice was familiar because he was the most loyal one to Katsuragi. While he may be short tempered sometimes, he may be called the second in command due to being a natural leader and having unusual worldly wisdom.

"Now all we have to do is play the waiting game."

Mochizuki's POV

Our ship floated on the dark, lonely sea. As we got closer to 11:00, more and more people began to gather. The café, which had been completely silent, started filling up with people. Hirata, Horikita, Karuizawa, and surprisingly Kushida were sitting together. While I called Karuizawa ahead of time, I didn't expect to see Kushida. I thought she was the type of person to see the results at the comfort of her home. Well, that analogy doesn't make much sense, but you get my point.

I was accompanied by both Sudō and Miyake. I invited them on a whim, and both of them accepted. I guess both of them are curious about the result. The three of us sat at a different table near the others. I fiddled around my phone, finishing my business and looking up.

"I'm surprised you accepted," I said to Miyake.

"You could say I'm interested in the results you've been talking about."

I had told both of them about how the results were going to be interesting, but I never clarified as to why. The main group of Class D students had been discussing something when a certain person appeared.

"So. You're here after all, huh?"

Ryūen had arrived alone, Sudō seeing him only glared at him. Ryūen ignored our table as he grabbed a vacant chair, forcefully slamming next to Horikita before taking a seat.

"I thought I'd enjoy finding out the results with you all. Thanks so much for gathering in such an easy-to-find-place," he mockingly said.

Before Horikita could retort, I interrupted her. "Then you ought to thank me as I invited some other people. They should be here anytime soon," I nonchalantly replied as if what he said was meant for me.

As to prove me right, two students had appeared.

"Huh? You're all here already?"

Ichinose and Kanzaki from Class B.

"Go ahead and sit down," I politely said.

The two sat down on empty chairs, Kanzaki being next to me and Ichinose next to Kanzaki as Sudō was next to the other side.

"Unfortunately I couldn't get anyone from Class A, you know how they are. But as the saying goes 'the more the merrier'," I smiled.

"The more the merrier, eh? Heh. That's right, and the crowd is almost the same except for the gloomy guy missing. I wonder where he is?"

"Don't worry about Ayanokōji, he's busy chasing skirts," I teased.

"Doesn't that fit you more? You know, I love chasing skirts, but you're on another level. First Ibuki, now Ichinose. You're always sniffing around some chick, aren't you?" he said.

"Hahahaha! What can I say? Great minds think alike."

We both laughed, making the situation more awkward for the people surrounding us. This was nothing more than stalling time until the results were made public.