chapter one 𓆸

————————
➺ ꧁ ❦ ꧂ ➺
————————

LOVE STORY — INDILA

————————
➺ ꧁ ❦ ꧂ ➺
————————

chapter one!

————————
➺ ꧁ ❦ ꧂ ➺
————————

funeral flowers and a lady dressed in black

————————
➺ ꧁ ❦ ꧂ ➺
————————

GUILT HAS BEEN A loyal friend hovering over ruby's shoulder after all these years

just like a demon.

you're the real demon here, aren't you, though?

it was also that guilt that drove her lingering, shadow-like presence to this place.

from far away, she could have been identified as a harmless lady dressed in black, a woman holding a large bouquet of purple flowers.

but not just any flowers, hyacinths.

and she wasn't just a harmless lady, her name was ruby yue.

the purple hyacinth is a popular symbol of sorrow and regret.

she stared at the grave in silence.

how do you even dare to show your face here?

ruby averted her gaze downwards in shame.

yes... how did she even dare? after all she had done...

"was he a friend of yours?"

ruby whirled around in surprise. in front of her stood a tall man with curious looking, green eyes. a sparkle of gold glimmered here and there in his deep eyes.

ruby pondered over his words quietly.

was he a friend of hers? was he?

no, he had been something more, something precious to her, something incredibly precious — but it seemed as if everything she touched was bound to fall into ashes.

she squeezed the light out of his eyes and crushed his heart.

but she still nodded. somehow, she found it comforting to call him her... friend. they had never ever been friends — acquaintances first, then allies, than enemies and at the end of the story, one killed the other, somewhere in between they had been... something like lovers, a little bit less than lovers but not more at the same time.