Heather - Chapter 3

I was falling.

And then I wasn't.

I was flying.

I realized that Cyrus was in front of me and started yelling at him.

"YOU JUST PUSHED ME OFF THE BALCONY!"

Cyrus visibly winced, then shifted around in front of me so I could see his face. Now that I could properly see him, I could see that he was blonde with light skin, contrasting to my black hair and light brown skin. But unlike my eyes, which were dark brown, his were blue, with specks of gold in them.

"Yeah..."

"YEAH? THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY?" I exploded.

"Um..."

"YOU JUST PUSHED ME OFF THE BALCONY!"

"I'm sorry! It's just that you wouldn't listen to me, so..."

"Wow. I wouldn't listen. That's a great reason."

"How do you recover from all of this so fast? I would be completely freaking out for the next hour if I were you!"

"I am freaking out. On the inside. And if you tell anyone I said that I will deny it."

That's when I remembered I was in the air.

"Wait. How..."

"You'll see."

Cyrus turned around and a gold circle appeared in front of us. We went through it, but as we were going through, it turned purple. When we landed, we were at a quiet cove. Another gold circle appeared in front of us, but it turned purple again when we went through it, and we ended up at the cove again. We kept on going through the gold circles, which I decided were portals, but every time they would turn purple and spit us out at the same spot, until we tumbled out of the air and onto the sand.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I'm... not sure," he replied, looking around us with a confused expression.

He looked at me, and then jerked backward in surprise.

"Your eyes..."

"What about them?"

"They're... purple..."

"What?"

I walked over to the water and looked at my reflection. Sure enough, they were purple. As I watched my reflection in the water, my eyes slowly faded back to dark brown. As I sat down and considered what had just happened, I realized something. The portals were gold... And so were Cyrus's eyes. Then the portals turned purple... And so did my eyes. Did I do this? 

I looked around, trying to collect myself before I freaked out again.

I saw the light sand and the clear blue water and was struck with a sense of familiarity. After a minute, I noticed the rocks under the water, sparkling purple and green, my favorite colors.

"I know where we are!"

I turned around and ran past Cyrus, reaching behind a cluster of rocks and pulling out a small bag. I rummaged around inside the bag for a few seconds before pulling out a Percy Jackson book, a small notebook covered in dragon designs, and a purple pen.

I opened my mouth to speak, but stopped abruptly when I turned around.

Two magnificent black dragons were lying next to Cyrus, one blinking at me with its large gold eyes, the other sleeping under the first one's wing. And when it opened its eyes, they were a brilliant purple.

Just like mine.

Hey. I just want to say that I'm taking 30 minutes at a time to write each chapter, so they'll be shorter.

I also have 2 questions for you guys:

1. Do you like this?

2. Would you keep reading it?

Please give me an answer, because my writing is really bad and I don't know if you guys like it.

Bye!

~Sita

Edit: I made some changes to this chapter (specifically the last 7 paragraphs). If anyone's actually reading this, what do you think?