20 | Contracts and Confessions

Comenzar desde el principio

" And then last night, he got drunk and Wilbert dropped him off. I helped him up to his bedroom and he started crying, calling me Thea. ‘Oh, Thea I did something bad’ " She mimicked the absent man before huffing.

" And I asked him what he did and his only words were that he fell for her " She stopped before him and Sebastian gulped in fear.

" Fell for who? "

" How would I know that? " She threw her hands up and he flinched. Throughout her rant, he could feel the heat emanating from her body. It did not help that there were knifes placed on the countertop that she could have used on him in-between her rants.

" Annoying man " She grumbled to herself angrily, unconsciously shoving a piece of grape into her mouth and chewing hard on the edible fruit.

Collecting himself, Sebastian Addington cleared his throat and forced the rational part of his brain to work, wanting to give Raina some sort of advice, " I think what you are experiencing is a form of romantic frustration. It seems you have started falling for Roux and you are mad at him for ignoring you, trust me, I get it "

" Secondly, do not ever, and I mean ever take my food again. I hate sharing " He shot her a glare and she huffed and looked away, folding her arms.

" I do not like Roux Addington in that way. I just– I just– "

Sebastian leaned back and gave her a look that caused her to snap her mouth shut and let out a groan, " Alright fine! I am in love with Roux stupid Addington. Satisfied? "

" Very. Why don't you go see him? "

" I can't do that. He will probably send his annoying receptionist to call security to escort me out once again " She shook her head and begun pacing once again. Sebastian was the first person she had ever admitted her feelings to, even before her own self. Raina McCoy was stubborn, a perfect match for Roux.

" Can't never could, Raina. Now go see your man and smack some sense back into him "

" And how am I supposed to do that? " Raina McCoy turned to face him with a glare and her eyes widened once she saw him waving a stolen key card at her with a childish grin.

" Did you steal that? "

" Joyfully "

Raina walked into the lobby of the Addington Enterprise, this time around confidently. Whether Roux Addington or his receptionist liked it or not, she was going to see him. She came prepared to today, she was fed up.

As soon as she stopped before the receptionist section, her eyes immediately met the receptionist's tired ones. A sheen of sweat was formed on the woman's forehead and she was a second away from collapsing. Roux Addington was worse today, " Don't even ask. You are free to go up there for all I care "

Raina smirked at the woman and walked away, towards Rouxs' private elevator. Three minutes later, she was stood before the familiar oakwood door with a straight face. Her knuckles rapped against the wood, welcomed by silence.

Raina knocked on the door once again and the response remained the same. Granting herself the permission, she twisted the knob open and walked into the massive office. She was immediately blessed with the sight of Roux Addington barking into his sleek cellphone, feeling pity for whoever was on the other line.

His gaze snapped towards the door and his dark eyes followed her and she folded her arms and tapped her foot against the expensive tiles, patiently waiting for him to end the call, " I will talk to you later and you better have it ready by then "