Go hit that shit!

Start from the beginning

Pass. Set. Hit!

The ball comes zooming over the net to the home team side straight to (y/n). The libero digs the ball with ease and the setter runs to her spot to set a hitter. She sets a quick short set to the middle hitter. The hitter hits into the side of the block. The ball goes flying to the far corner of the opposing court. The opposing side's libero runs to save it, but does not reach it before it hits the gym floor.

The home cheer section cheers for the first point, and Minho silently stares in amazement.

Holy shit this is awesome, he screams in his head.

The two teams dual it out further. The first set is won by the home team. The second and third are won by the away team, and the fourth goes to the home. The tie-breaker set stays intensely close.

13 13
Home Away

The outside hitter of the opposing team slams a kill past (y/n).

13 14
Home Away

"You got this (y/n)," a familiar voice yells from the crowd. (y/n) glances at the crowd surprised, and sees a colorful sign with her name and number on it being held by her dorky boyfriend. A small blush appears on her cheeks when her boyfriend begins to wave it realizing she's looking at him.

"Time out," the coach yells to the referee over the screams and cheers from the cheer sections. The players run off the court to their school coaches. The home team huddles together.

"Okay ladies, I want you to relax and catch your breath. It's as much of a possibility for them to win as it is for us to win. If we're going to lose, we're going down fighting. I want you girls to go out there and try your hardest," the coach says as a pep talk.

"If you can, I want you to hit at there set. Make her get the first ball. Their second setter isn't very good. Watch for tips from the hitters. Don't give up!"

"(y/h/s/n) on three! One, two three!"

"(y/h/s/n)!"

The players return to their positions on the court. The referee gives the ball to the opposing team's server. He blows the whistle and the game resumes.

The ball is served over. It's a float serve that is easily popped back into the air. The ball is then set to the back row. (y/n) sees the ball and approaches it to spike it over the net. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees an open spot on the court. She aims and silently prays that it goes there. She hits the ball and the it goes to the spot and nobody was close enough to save it.

"Oh yeah! That's my girlfriend," Minho screams from the stands. A blush erupts in (y/n)'s face.

"Minho stop," she mumbles to herself.

----time skip----

The game finishes with (y/h/s/n) winning 17 to 15. (y/n) searches for Minho after she helps the team put away the net and poles. She finally finds him waiting at the gym door with the sign he made. He smiles when he notices her.

"(y/n)! You did great!" He runs to greet her with a hug. He picks her up and spins her around. When he doesn't hear her familiar laughter, he sets her down. He's greeted with a gently punch to his chest. "Hey! What was that for?"

"I told you not to come! Idiot," she yells at him.

"Why? It was awesome! Like when you hit the ball, I was like you go hit that shit. I seriously need to come to more of your games."

"No, Minho please don't come," (y/n) says very seriously. Minho stares back disheartened by her words.

"Why? I thought I did a good job on cheering for you." A small pout appears on his face.

"It just that you're a little bit of a distraction."

"No, I'm not. You didn't even notice I was there at first," he argues.

"You're just too fucking cute," she yells frustrated. She relaxes after a small moment of silence. "It's just distracting, and my teammates don't know I have a boyfriend. They'll just kind of tease me about it," she says shyly while avoiding eye contact. She is surprised when a pair of lips meet hers for a short kiss.

He pulls his lips away but keeps his face close to hers. He stares into her (y/e/c) eyes. Gosh he has such an adorable girlfriend, he reminds himself.

"(y/n) you worry too much. Everything will be fine." He pulls away entirely, then wraps his arm around her waist. "Now, let's go have that victory make out." He smiles when he hears that familiar giggle.

"You're such an idiot," she says as they begin to walk to the school parking lot.

"I know, and you're my smart volleyball player. Together we make the most adorable couple there is," he says in return.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Minho turns to give a quick kiss on (y/n)'s forehead.

"Once, but I would love to hear it again," he says.

"I love you," she places her hand on her hip where his hand rests.

"I love you, too (y/n)."

------the next day at practice------

"Hey (y/n)," a senior on (y/n)'s team grabs her attention.

"Yeah."

"Was that guy with the sign your boyfriend?" (y/n)'s cheeks flush bright red.

"Umm yup. That's Minho," she replies slowly.

"Good! You guys look so adorable together." The senior jokingly pats (y/n)'s head as (y/n) stares at the ground embarrassed.

--------end---------

This is probably the fastest I've ever written something. I know I haven't been updating a lot, but after two or three weeks I will be completely free again.

Anyways, I'm a volleyball player and I just got back from a tournament. If your a volleyball player, leave a comment with what position you play. I'm curious to see who else plays volleyball.