Chapter 45: All the President's Thunder-Men

Start from the beginning

"Oh boy." I muttered as I watched to two.

"Hey, kids!" Mom said getting their attention. "You can't bother president Kickbutt with your frivolous requests." Both of them gasped dramatically as they placed their hands on their chest.

"I've been called a lot of things, but frivolous is a word I don't know." Cherry said.

"It means she's too busy to take your silly requests." Dad told her. "Like last week when somebody asked for space hair gel." I let out a snort as I looked toward Max.

"Do you think I want my hair to look like yours." Max said. Dad looked offended as he touched his hair. I turned around and buried my face in Levi's shoulder to mute my laugh. While I did, I heard the others suppress their laughs too. Kirsten didn't even try. You could easily hear her soft laugh. "Okay, fine. We promise not to call president Kickbutt."

"Are they for real?" Sarah whispered as she turned towards me.

"Oh, hell no." I told her. 

And I was right. The moment our parents left, the twins turned toward the monitor. "Thundermonitor, call president Kickbutt." Max ordered.

"President Kickbutt is not available." The Thundermonitor told him.

"Is she blocking our calls?" Phoebe asked surprised.

"Yes, but you didn't hear it from me."

"She can't hide from us." Max told his twin sister. "Isa?" He turned around to face me.

"Don't drag me into this." I said holding my hands up.

"Fine." Max sighed. "Chloe?!" A second later, our youngest sister appears next to Phoebe.

"Hey." Phoebe said as she crouched down in front of her. "We need you to go get president Kickbutt."

"I guess my tea party can wait." Chloe said. And then she teleported away.

"You guys are so low." I told them.

"So did I tell you that I once met an alien named Gramelax? Funny story-" Cherry started. Then Chloe reappeared with President Kickbutt.

"So I say to you, Supes-" Kickbutt said not even realizing she had been teleported. She stopped talking as she realized she wasn't at the place anymore but in our living room. "Why am I here? You kids interrupted my state at the Superunion speech."

"Sorry, but we have some issues that are really really important." Phoebe told her.

"Yeah, I want my Rocketshark." Max said.

"I'll tell you what I told you the last 10 times, never!" Kickbutt told him. 

"Well, have you reconsidered my 300 requests for Cherry to be my supersistant?" Phoebe asked. At this, I turned to her with widened eyes.

"Wow, she really has sunken low." Hayley muttered causing me to nod in agreement.

"Here is my resume." Cherry said as she handed the president a piece of paper.

"This is just a picture of a cherry." President Kickbutt said.

"I feel like it sums up my experience quite nicely." Cherry said. Kickbutt just handed the paper back. "Nailed the interview." And with that, she walked inside the kitchen.

"I'm getting out of here before someone else asks me for something." Kickbutt exclaimed as she walked towards the door.

"Yo, Eveline." Dr. Colosso showed up. He was wearing a red blouse and holding a rose. "How about a date?"