18. Party & Penelope

Start from the beginning

We got into my van and I drove us to the venue of the party. It was in an upscale area of Cidshore with mansions everywhere. Almost the same as Ashlin's neighborhood.

The house was filled with different color LED lights and music was blasting from the inside. I was already ready to leave without entering but I had to support Taylor. He was going to score a date with his dream girl if it was the last thing he did. I would make sure of it.

Yet I had this unsettling feeling in my gut that the night had something terrible ahead.

I parked my van carefully in a spot under a tree. It was hidden Incase of cops or thrashers. The last thing I wanted was someone breaking my windshield because I wasn't really rolling in cash to easily replace it.

As we got out, I gave Taylor an assuring look.

As he seemed super nervous. It was on his face, in his eyes and his movements. He kept touching his hair, adjusting his collar and glancing at the massive house that sat comfortably on a flat green plot of land.

"C'mon, let's get this over with" I spoke, as I walked towards the front door.

I could hear Taylor's footsteps close behind me and I hoped the night was at least good to him.

I wouldn't be able to deal with his moping.

Knowing how invested he got when he liked someone, he'd complain about being rejected for centuries to come.

"I'm right outside, ok bye" Taylor spoke to someone and I turned to see him click the end button on a call.

"That Arielle?" I questioned, a bit confused on who he'd be telling he's outside.

"Duh, who else?" He replied in a sarcastic manner .

I shuck my head at his words and returned my attention to the front door. If he told Arielle he was outside their was no need to knock. She was probably skipping giddily to open the door.

The door opened after a few seconds and Arielle stood in the door frame, a smile comfortably on her face. She gave me small wave, gesturing me into the house and I abliged. I rushed out a small greeting first, then walked in.

Deciding to find a secluded area in the house to spend my time at the party. I scanned my surroundings slowly. If Taylor happened to need me I'd be a text away. So I turned to give him a nod, which he returned before his attention was snatched by the girl before him.

I smiled as they conversed by the door. They were so cute and so picture perfect. I knew they'd work out just fine. They were meant to be.

Sighing in satisfaction, I made my way into the eye of the storm. The room that held most of the Juniors and Seniors from our school. With a few Sophomores scattered in the mix.

As soon as I entered the rowdy room, I was met with a drunk Holden who was finding it hard to stand properly.

Shit!

"Ziiii-" he began, finding it hard to say my name...which was literally 4 letters.

"Zzziio, ma boyyy!" He managed to speak as he gave me a hard slap on my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes at his antics and took a step back from him.

Their was no way he was bat shit drunk already.

Unless he'd chugged a bowl of spiked juice as soon as he entered the house.

Taylor and I arrived about 10 minutes after them. So he hadn't been at the party too long. I was certain he hadn't pregame so my only answer was that Holden was a lightweight.