Chapter 20

I spent the rest of my evening with Kathleen and Amelia in the ladies room. Not a lot happened, we mostly just talked. We decided that we would go to visit Hannah at the immediate care center tomorrow before our dates with Ryan.

This morning was slow, but I spent most of my time thinking about the presentation. I decided that I would show the pictures I found in the textbook of the rebels and have the textbook in front of me. I wouldn't make it visible to the camera though. I'd hide it under the podium.

I made myself some notes and planned it all out. I was close to being finished and I think Ryan would be proud of me.

After a while, Kathleen and Amelia knocked on my door.

"You ready?" They asked, "we're going to see Hannah now."

"Now?" I asked and looked out the window. It had been raining all day.

"Yeah, just grab an umbrella," they respond; understanding my curiosity of going out in the rain.

We had gotten special permission to be driven to see Hannah in the hospital and Ryan had confirmed our access to a car. A guard drove us to the hospital and waited in the parking lot until we were ready to be brought back.

We hopped out and immediately went to her room.

"Hannah!" we cried.

"Hey, guys," it melted my heart to see the happy look on her face. "I wasn't expecting you."

"We just had to come!" Amelia exclaimed.

"Oh, that wasn't necessary. Don't you guys have a date or something to go to today?"

"Yeah, but not until later," I waved my hand.

"Oh, okay," she propped herself up.

"So... What degree burn is it?" Kathleen asked, pointing to her feet that were wrapped in bandages.

"They said its mostly a second degree, but there are some places that it is a third degree too," Hannah explained as she looked at her feet.

I felt so sorry for her. I knew how bad a second degree burn felt, but I couldn't even imagine a third.

"I can't believe she had to do this to you," Amelia shook her head.

"Who? Jessica? Oh, it's fine. At least she got eliminated."

"But didn't you get eliminated as well?" Kathleen raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but at least I got eliminated because I was injured. The rest of America will freak when they hear that Jessica was eliminated because she hurt somebody," she laughed.

We laughed along and sat with her for a while. The treatment seemed a little extreme, but I guess they want to make sure she's okay since she was one of the selected.

After about an hour Kathleen looked up at the clock and said, "We better get going. We have an hour before our dates with Ryan."

We agreed and got up, hugged Hannah, and promised that we would try to see her again soon. The guard who was waiting in the car looked a little upset that we had left him in the parking lot for almost two hours.
I couldn't help but laugh.

We drove home and I met my maids in my room.

"Hello, Lady Emily," they smiled.

I could tell that Tes was still a little uncomfortable with being my maid, but I didn't mind.

"Hey, guys," I sighed.

"How was Hannah?"

"Alright. She's still recovering. We might go back to see her soon if we get time."