𝟏𝟎| 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:

LEAVING THE GATES OPEN

THE SOUND OF chatters all around the kingdom of Arendelle could be heard as the ships on the open waters could be seen, the sound of bells adding to the already evident sounds in the village

THE SOUND OF chatters all around the kingdom of Arendelle could be heard as the ships on the open waters could be seen, the sound of bells adding to the already evident sounds in the village. High up in the sky in the summer air, the bright yellow sun could be seen shining down on the civilians of Arendelle as the stands for food and everything else people were selling were open, lines being made from the citizens as they held their money in their hands, waiting in the hot weather to get the thing they wanted.

The chirps of birds were loud as they flew high in the sky, some flying straight through the white clouds that decorated the blue in the sky like it always was like in the summer season. By the docks, the Duke of Wease-- Weselton could be seen being dragged onto a ship by the guards of Arendelle, snapping at one of the staff members of the king and the princess as he and his men were being dragged onto a ship.

After finding out that the Duke had sent his men with the others when the enemy, which they didn't know at the time, went to look for the princess and her best friend, only to go and try to kill the king of Arendelle if they were to see him, which they did and they did try to kill him but his powers had been able to protect him from them doing so.

On another boat at the side of the docks, Hans could be seen being thrown into a cell on the boat, his head suddenly landing in a bucket after landing on the wooden floor, the cell door closing and being locked up behind him. The prince had sat up, taking the bucket off his head before leaning his back against the wall, huffing when he heard someone talk about how they were gonna take him back to his own kingdom, let his twelve brothers deal with him.

In the village, Anna could be seen dragging a blindfolded Kristoff along the bridge, passing many civilians along the way, all of them glancing at the two, wondering what could the princess possibly want to show him that she would have to put a blindfold over his eyes so he wouldn't be able to see it. An excited smile laid on her face as she rushed to the present she and Y/n owed the dirty blonde after their crazy adventure a while back to find the king.

Meanwhile, in the courtyard, Y/n could be seen sitting on the edge of one of the fountains, occasionally waving at the civilians walking by before she'd back down at her book she had. At the moment, the girl found herself turning the page of her book just when a pair of hands went to her shoulders, startling her as she turns around to see the king of Arendelle standing there with a smile on his face, making her smile at the sight of him.

Only about a few days or so had gone by since summer had been brought back and the two still hadn't spoken about their feelings towards one another to each other, despite Anna trying to convince them both to do so. Even after the ice had left Y/n's heart from Elias' love, they still hadn't said anything, both too scared to get rejected but they knew they felt something towards one another.

And that's why, Elias decided today was the day he'd put an end to it all and risk doing something that he's always wanted to do ever since they were little kids and whenever they saw each other through his bedroom window.

"What are you doing?" Elias asks with a smile, seating himself down beside her.

Y/n shrugs, closing her book. "Oh, you know. I was enjoying my peace and quiet until you showed up."

Even when her tone of voice was a joking one, the king still placed a fake expression of hurt on his face as he placed his hand on his chest, acting as if she had hurt him, making them both chuckle. While she began rambling on about what the book was about when he asked, the blonde had tuned out halfway as he stared at her with love in his eyes, a fond smile on his face.

The way she talked about the things she loved, the smile evident on her face and how her beautiful e/c eyes brightened each time, it made him love her even more than he already did. And so, deciding it was time, the king took his chance and pressed his lips to hers when she turned her head to face him, his blue eyes closed.

At first shocked, Y/n smiled into the kiss, closing her eyes while placing her book off to the side, their lips moving together in sync passionately. One of Elias' hands came to her cheek, cupping it in his soft grip while the other went around her waist, pulling her close.

Both the girls hands went onto his broad chest as she let her lips move with his like before. Eventually, however, they slowly pulled away from one another, resting their foreheads against each other's, eyes meeting when they opened them and they smiled brightly at each other.

Elias let his nose brush against hers, the pad of his thumb caressing the soft skin of her cheek as he pressed another peck to her soft lips, unable to hide the smile he had on his face at the moment as they stared into each other's eyes.

"I love you." Elias whispers. "I've loved you ever since we were kids, even when I didn't know what love was at the time. I've always loved you."

Y/n smiles. "Then it's a good thing I love you as well."

Smiling brightly at her words again, the king leans in and presses his lips to hers, loving how they felt over his. It lasted about the same time as their first one did before they pulled away, the blonde pulling his love up with him as they made their way to the middle of the courtyard while the crowd of civilians looked at the newly found couple.

A bright smile laid on Elias' face as he glanced around at his people. He had finally been accepted for who he was. They weren't scared of him like they had been before at his sudden powers and he couldn't have felt more happier than he has in years, glad he was finally accepted for the person he was and who he always has been.

"Are you ready?" Elias calls out.

When the crowd cheered and clapped in response, the king stomped his foot on the concrete ground, creating ice as it flowed around in the courtyard, forming under people's feet, the ice also decorating the walls of the courtyard.

Raising his hands, the blonde turns the water of the water fountain into ice before shooting some magic in the sky, snowflakes exploding above them like fireworks before it was slowly falling down as the civilians around them cheered, all of them beginning to skate along the ice. The sound of slight struggles from beside them made the couple look over to see Anna making her way over, almost slipping but her brother had quickly caught her before she could actually fall.

"I like the open gates." Anna admits.

"We are never closing them again." Elias declares, agreeing with her.

Looking down at his sister and love's feet, he uses his magic and creates skates underneath their boots, making the best friends share a wide eyed glance since they both didn't know how to skate. Just as they went to protest, Elias grabbed both their hands, pulling them along with him as they slid on the ice. Kristoff could be seen with Sven as they both slid along the ice and passing them, warning of the citizens that there was a reindeer coming through.

Olaf soon joined them as well, helping Anna and Y/n as to not fall while they glided along the ice. Eventually, Anna had tried making her way to Kristoff and Sven, almost slipping but she was able to keep herself up as she soon got onto the other side of Sven, leaning against him a bit when she almost fell, causing Kristoff to chuckle.

Meanwhile, Y/n continued to hold Elias' hands as he glided her along the ice while Olaf happily slid around, greeting people and stopping near his other friends as the couple stayed near them. Seeing that she was about to fall forward, the king was quick to catch his love in his arms, making them both chuckle as they held one another.

While they stood there on the ice, they stared into each other's eyes, resting their foreheads against one another's until Anna, Kristoff, Sven and Olaf all came gliding past them, ushering the couple to join. Hand in hand, the couple did so, enjoying their day together.