𝟒| 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞

CHAPTER FOUR:

LEAVING ARENDELLE

SNOW WAS NOW falling from the night sky in Arendelle, surprising everyone in the village who were gasping and chattering to one another, wondering why there was now snow when the weather was so warm out just earlier in the day and also speaking qu...

SNOW WAS NOW falling from the night sky in Arendelle, surprising everyone in the village who were gasping and chattering to one another, wondering why there was now snow when the weather was so warm out just earlier in the day and also speaking quietly in fear of what they witnessed what their king could actually do, and to some, it explained why they kept the gates closed for so many years.

The sound of babies cries could be heard, showing they had seen what happened while their parents tried to shush them, holding them tightly, all while the snow continued falling on them. The ice Elias had made could still be seen at the same places he had shot them at, the water of the fountain hovering over in the air.

Some people could be seen holding their arms, to which it was clear that they were slowly starting to get cold from the weather change all of a sudden. All the boats on the, what used to be water, now ice laid flat on the surface as they were frozen in place.

It hadn't been long since the king's sister, his childhood best friend and Anna's now fiancé had chased after the king himself, only to watch him run on water as ice had formed underneath his feet. Running her hands up and down her arms, Y/n glanced around at the crowd of people, listening to them gasp as they stared at the snow.

Hans had asked both of them questions, wondering if they knew about his sudden power, but neither of them did. However, Y/n couldn't help but think of the time she witnessed the king and queen riding on their horses as they passed her horse years ago when she was waiting for her dad one night, and a trail of ice had followed behind one of the horses.

"Look, it's snowing. It's snowing! The king has cursed this land! He must be stopped! You have to go after him." The Duke exclaims in fear, catching their attention as he grabbed one of his men by the ears.

Anna steps forward. "Wait, no!"

The Duke gasps, quickly hiding behind his men. "You! Is there sorcery in you, too? Are you a monster, too?"

"No, no. I'm completely ordinary." Anna replies.

"That's right, she is." Hans agrees, resting his hand on her shoulder. "In the best way."

"And Elias is not a monster." Y/n adds.

"He nearly killed me!" The Duke exclaims, still keeping his distance.

"You slipped on ice." Hans argues in a calm tone.

"His ice." The Duke reminds.

"It was an accident. He was scared. He didn't mean it. He didn't mean any of this." Anna defends her brother, receiving a scoff from the Duke. "Tonight was my fault. I pushed him. So, I'm the one that needs to go after him."