𝟖| 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐝

CHAPTER EIGHT:

A NEW SLED

THE CHIRPS OF birds and the buzzes of insects as they all flew around in the air, the insects buzzing by people's ears, scaring them while the birds flew high up in the air, flying through the white clouds, could be heard all around the kingdom of...

THE CHIRPS OF birds and the buzzes of insects as they all flew around in the air, the insects buzzing by people's ears, scaring them while the birds flew high up in the air, flying through the white clouds, could be heard all around the kingdom of Arendelle, adding to the sound of bells and the civilians happy chatters to one another.

On the docks, a few boats parked to the side could be seen on the open water, the waves occasionally moving up and down from the slight wind that came by every so often, but not enough to make people cold. The bright yellow sun could be seen high up in the blue sky, the bright star and the white clouds decorating the sky in the summer season. On the docks, the Duke of Weasel-- Weselton could be seen being dragged onto a ship by some of Arendelle's guards as he tried to fight against their grip, his men being dragged onto the boat as well.

The same men that had been ordered by the Duke to go and kill the queen of Arendelle if they were to see him when they had gone out to search for the prince with the enemy, who they didn't even know was the enemy at the time, and they had found her and tried to kill her in her own ice castle but the queen's powers had been able to protect her and fend off for herself.

Being pushed into a cell on another ship parked at the docks of the kingdom, Hana let out a grunt when she fell onto her knees in the cell, the doors being closed and locked behind her. The princess let out a huff as she sat herself on the wooden floor, leaning against the wall when she heard someone talking about how they were gonna take her back to her home kingdom and let her twelve older brothers deal with her. Meanwhile, running across the bridge hand in hand, Aaron could be seen pulling a blindfolded Y/n along with him in the direction of the present he said he had to show her.

A bright smile laid on his face as he was leading her in the direction of the surprise he had for her as they passed the many civilians, who all glanced at the blindfolded girl, wondering what the prince of Arendelle wanted to show her that made it so special that Aaron just had to blindfold her for. As they ran along, the girl suddenly rammed into a pool, a grunt of pain for a second escaping her. Wincing, Aaron grabbed her hand again, leading her a bit more until they were right in front of the present.

For a moment, the redhead hesitated, hoping she'd like it just like her brother had when the prince had showed him earlier. Pulling the blindfold off her eyes, Y/n blinks a few times from the light before her eyes widened at the sight of a beautiful and new sleigh while Sven makes his way right beside the sleigh, a smug look evident on his face while a medal laid around his neck, looking to one of his best friends and putting his hoof on the dash of the sled, knowing if Kristoff were here, he'd push the hoof off like he had done to Aaron on their old sled.

"I owe you a sled." Aaron reminds.

"Are you serious?" Y/n breathes out in shock.

Aaron nods. "Yup! And it's the latest model."

Y/n shakes her head. "No, I can't accept this."

"You have to. No returns. No exchanges. Queen's orders. Besides, Kristoff accepted it and she's name you two the Official Arendelle Ice Master and Deliverer." Aaron explains.

"What? That's not a thing." Y/n states.

Aaron scoffs, shrugging. "Oh, sure it is. And it even has a cup holder. Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" Y/n exclaims.

The redhead smiles when she wraps her arms around his shoulders, so excited about the new sled. Smiling bright, he wraps his arms around her waist, lifting her up and off her feet with a smile while spinning around, a squeal leaving past her lips when he had lifted her up while a chuckle escaped past his lips.

"I could kiss you!" Y/n admits.

At her sudden outburst, both their eyes widen as the prince put her back down on the ground and the girl stepped back, avoiding his eyes awkwardly while clasping her hands behind her back, clearing her throat, wondering what to say now after she had suddenly said that. She wanted to take it back, even if it were true that she did, in fact, want to kiss him, not knowing that he wanted to kiss her as well.

"I could. I mean, I'd like to. May I? We me. I mean, may we? Wait, what?" Y/n rambles, trying to find the right words.

Aaron cups her chin, moving her face to face him before he pecks her lips. "We may."

Her e/c eyes widening as she looks to him, her lips slowly turn into a smile as she notices him staring at her with love in his eyes, a smile evident on his face. Both leaning in at the same time, their lips meet halfway in a passionate kiss, one of the prince's hands cupping her cheeks while the other wrapped around her waist as both her hands go to his broad chest, their lips moving together in sync, hums of content being muffled from their lips pressed together.

After a couple seconds, they slowly pulled away and rested their foreheads against one another's. Meanwhile, somewhere else, right outside of the castle and in the courtyard, Elsa could be seen looking around at the crowd around her with a smile, glad she had been able to get her powers under control and they accepted her for who she was and wasn't scared of her anymore.

"Are you ready?" Elsa calls out.

When she got cheers and claps of excitement in response, the queen stomps her foot onto the concrete ground, creating ice underneath hers and everyone else's feet as the ice soon formed on the walls of the courtyard a bit, decorating it.

The blonde raises her arms up, turning the water of the water fountains into ice before shooting some magic up at the sky, the snowflakes exploding like fireworks before they were slowly falling down from the sky and onto the civilians who had started to skate along the ice. Hearing some sliding beside her, Elsa looks over to see her brother making her way over, sliding along the ice until he was beside her, a pleased smile on his face.

"I like the open gates." Aaron admits.

"We are never closing them again." Elsa declares, agreeing with him.

Smiling brightly at the sound of her declaration, the redhead couldn't help but hug his sister tightly before pulling away, grabbing each other's hands as they slide along the ice together just as Kristoff, Y/n and Sven glide by them, warning to the other citizens about a reindeer coming through. With a smile, Olaf joins the queen and prince, sliding along side them.

Having a bit of space between her and Sven so she wasn't holding onto the reindeer, Y/n tries to move her feet along the slippery ice, only to almost fall forward as she quickly falls against Sven, causing her older brother to let out a loud chuckle at her failed attempt before he almost slipped to the ground, but he quickly caught himself on his own. And this time, Y/n let out her own laugh as Sven did the same, a noise escaping them that sounded like a laugh with the bright smile evident on his face.

As they continued on the ice, skating like every else had been doing at the moment, Y/n made her way towards Aaron, who made his way towards her, having no problem with skating. Just then, Y/n almost fell forward like she did before but this time, Aaron had caught her instead, a chuckle leaving him. Helping her up to her feet, they stare at one another with smiles on their faces, finding themselves leaning in.

However, when Kristoff's voice shouted to them to keep three feet apart from each other, showing that the dirty blonde was protective of his sister, they stopped as Elsa glided by them, smiling brightly at them. Holding his love's hand in his, the couple glide along the ice as they join the others, enjoying the beautiful summer day ahead of them and many more together.