Sorry

"MIKE!" Micky yelled as he pounded on the door. It was locked when they arrived, causing him to panic.

"Mike, are you in there?" Peter called out, knocking lightly.

"Mike, open the door, goddammit!" Micky cried. Eventually, they heard footsteps and the door lock click. The front door opened slightly and Mike stared at them, bewildered. Peter pushed through the crack and pulled him into a hug. Mike jumped up at the touch. After he eased into it, he didn't return it. Instead, he just stared at Peter.

"Hi...Peter..." he said, the confusion very clear in his voice. He turned up and looked at Micky as he stepped in.

"Are you two alright?" He asked as he pulled away from the hug.

"Are we alright?" Micky asked, slowly approaching him. "Are you?"

"Yeah...?" Mike raised his eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Peter and Micky shared a look.

"I-I left, Mike," Micky said. He didn't know if he should be worried about Mike or not. "I was gone. I went on a walk."

"Okay?" Mike couldn't help but let out a laugh at that. It seemed a little ridiculous to him.

"I don't understand," Peter frowned, shaking his head slightly.

"What don't you?" Mike asked, plopping down on the couch.

"Mike, I left," Micky sighed, looking down and feeling ashamed. "I...didn't want to come back, Mike. If I didn't run into Peter, I don't think I would've. I'm sorry, Mike. But I didn't want to come back here."

Peter looked at Micky with an unreadable expression. He, himself, had had similar thoughts. They all had. None of them wanted to have to stay and take care of Mike, but none of them were ready to leave him either. Mike frowned and thought about it.

"Then why did you?" He asked finally.

Micky took a step back.

"I couldn't leave...you were alone and I didn't want you to freak out because I wasn't there...but you didn't."

Micky sat down on the couch and looked at Mike curiously.

"You didn't get upset that I had left you."

"Oh," Mike said quietly. "I guess I just didn't notice you were gone."

Micky and Peter were too confused to be offended by the statement. Mike shrugged and went into the kitchen.

"You didn't?" Micky frowned. "Why not?"

"Why not what?" Mike's voice called out. Micky sighed, trying not to get annoyed. It wasn't Mike's fault, after all.

"You usually freak out when we're not here."

"Do I?"

"Yeah, you do," Peter added, a little worried.

"Oh," Mike said with a shrug, opening cabinets. "I'm thinking of making breakfast, what do y'all want?"

"Mike, it's almost 5pm."

"Oh," Mike frowned, thinking about it. "Well, it's too early for dinner so...lunch?"

"Too late for lunch, Mike," Peter took a few steps toward him. "Have you eaten yet today?"

Mike froze, trying to think.

"I don't know," he finally said, giving up on trying to remember.

"Well, you really should eat, Mike," Micky sighed, going toward the refrigerator. "Mostly just have leftovers and stuff."