Chapter 3: Getting Somewhere

(Red Velvet POV)

I've been checking up on Miss Pastry for the past three months. But this day is special. I'm asking her out today. I really hope she accepts.
*knock knock*

(Pastry POV)

I heard a knock at my door. I went to open it since General Velvet usually came around this time.
"Oh hello General Velvet, here to check on me again?" I said while I peeked out my door.
"Yes, and I'm here to ask you something" he was fidgeting with his behemoth of a sword.
"Hmm, what is it?"
"Will you go out with me?" He looked down at me nervously and flustered.
"I... really?" My eyes lit up just hearing those words from HIM out of all people, Pastry what are you thinking?!
"It's okay if you don't accept..."
"I do accept but what will others think of it?"
"We can keep it a secret," he said while smiling at me. He bent down and patted me on the head.
"You're really red, more than normal"
General Velvet immediately covered his face. I let him inside and he sat on my couch. Closing the door behind me I saw General Velvet look me up and down. I wasn't wearing my uniform so he must have been confused.
"Miss Pastry I never realized that you were very... beautiful underneath all those layers"
Blushing intensely, I rushed over to cover his eyes.
"You don't get to see it anymore"
"Aw unfair" he chuckled as he moved my hands away from his eyes.

(Red Velvet POV)

I put my cake hand on her head. She looks so perfect right next to me. I wonder if she would allow me to...
"Your hand is heavy, I can't hold so much weight on my head"
"Oops sorry about that"
I took my hand off of her head. Pastry rolled over and sat beside me.
"How about we go on a date tomorrow?"
"A date!? With you? This soon?"
"Another day then when you're ready"
Pastry picked up a shirt and started stitching it up. We were talking for hours and I didn't notice it was dark outside.
"I'm getting kind of hungry"
"I can cook for you if you want"
"Wow, really! You can cook"
"Yeah I learned how from a book"
"I never thought someone like you would read"
"Rude.. anyway what do you have in this god forsaken house" I said while searching her cupboards.
"Not much I haven't gotten a chance to buy anything since the storm"
"I'll make do with what you got"
I got to work making dinner for Miss Pastry. I think I'm falling in love with her, it might not be just a crush anymore.
"Dinner is ready"
I set down a plate of food for Miss Pastry and myself.
"Thank you it smells good"
I started eating while she did, she looked like she really liked it. She got up after we finished eating and washed our dishes.
"You have to cook for me again General Velvet, I really like it" I started blushing as soon as she said that.
"Miss Pastry what should I call you?"
"Pastry, and what's your name General Velvet?"
"It's Red"
"Okay so Red, you should get going"
I looked outside and couldn't see shit, it's pitch black out there.
"You really expect me to get home in the dark?"
"It's night, already?"
"Yes... can you not see?" I waved my hand in front of her face.
"I can see perfectly fine Red" I sat back down on Pastry's couch.
"Guess I'm sleeping here for the night"
"W-what?! No no no no"
"Well I'm not going out there"
"I guess I have no other choice then" sighing, she went to look for a blanket. I shuffled around to get in a good sleeping position as Pastry came back with the blanket. She handed it to me.
"Thank you"
"You're welcome g- Red"
Pastry walked away embarrassed, I watched her as she disappeared down the hallway as I fell asleep.

(The next day)

(Pastry POV)

I woke up to Red hugging me. How did I even get out here in the first place? Blushing, I tried to fall back asleep but it wasn't working. I attempted to turn around to face away from him. I'm stuck here until he wakes up. This is gonna be so awkward when he wakes up. I eventually managed to fall back asleep.

(Red Velvet POV)

I woke up to see Pastry in my arms. I was very flustered when I looked down at her. She looked very comfortable in my arms, I didn't have the heart to wake her up. Pastry finally woke up and got out of my arms, it was nice while it lasted.
"How did I even get back out here?"
"Don't know I woke up with you here" I got up and was about to leave her house.
"H-hey... can you stay? For a little bit longer?" She asked, surprised by her answer I decided to stay for a while longer. Pastry asked me
"Would you like to go on a date later?"