Chapter 12//Connor

Start from the beginning

We walk down to the car together and he slides into the passenger side as I put my camera in the back seat of the car. I start the car, pulling out of the parking lot and Troye starts talking to me.

"I don't want to hide anything from you because I feel like that's pointless and you don't deserve to be lied to." He runs a hand through his darling curls then continues to talk to me while I look at the road ahead of me. "Dan just called me to tell me that I have an assignment. That's not all though. He said something about the person who wanted you dead." My heart starts beating incredibly fast in my chest as I side glance over at him. I honestly can't think of anyone that would want to kill me. I haven't done anything worth killing over, I have no idea why anyone would want to kill me.

"What did he say? Did he tell you the name of the person? Do you know why this person wants me dead? I have no idea why anyone would-" He puts a hand over my mouth cutting off my babbling as I pull into the parking lot of our work building. He takes his cold hand off of my mouth and we look into each others eyes for a moment before he looks out of the window and speaks.

"He said that whoever it is, is still looking for you and that that person won't stop until you are dead. I have no idea what the person's name is or their motives. They never tell me that and I never meet the clients, Dan and Phil deal with all of that." My chest feels like twenty elephants are sitting on it, I can't breath and I don't know what to do. I have never been this scared in my whole life. I have never wanted out of a situation more than I have wanted to get out of this one. Everything would be so nice if the whole murder aspect was gone. Troye is such a perfect guy and if he had the right job everything would be perfect for us. "Connor? Con, are you okay?" Troye unbuckles his seat belt and scoots over so that he can somewhat wrap his arms around me. I lean my head against his shoulder and I take deep breaths trying not to cry.

"I'm so scared." I whisper and he rubs his hand across my back in slow comforting strokes. He kisses the top of my head before he starts whispering in my ear some things that I need to hear.

"I will not let anyone hurt you, Connor Joel Franta. You keep the bad dreams away for me and I'll do everything to keep the bad things away from you. I know nothing about this is ideal but I do care about you a lot. I won't let anyone hurt you." My hands are curled in the front of his shirt and it's a few minutes before I've calmed down enough to let go of him. I'm kind of embarrassed when I finally let go and get out of the car. 

"I'm sorry I'm a mess. You shouldn't have to deal with me." I say and Troye throws his arm over my shoulder with a shocked look on his face. He almost laughs but probably realizes that that is not appropriate.

"You're sorry? I should be the one apologizing. No person should ever have to go through what you are going through. This is terrible and a person like you doesn't deserve for this to happen to them. You are a good person, a nice one, you just don't deserve this." His arm slides down from my shoulder one we get inside and he puts a hand on the small of my back. We walk over to the receptionist desk and find Zoe sitting there looking cheery.

"Good morning, Tronnor." She says to us pushing back a piece of stray hair. We wish a good morning then look at her and wait until she tells me my schedule. She looks at her screen, types something into the computer then looks back up us.

"You are scheduled to finish editing then at three you have a photo shoot in room 34B. Anyways how are you two doing?" Zoe asks twisting her engagement ring on her finger, she's so proud of the ring and I'm so happy for her and Alfie. They are literal relationship goals and they are the cutest.

"We are doing lovely, thank you." Troye says with a smile that to me looks so forced but I really think that Zoe will fall for it and think that is genuine. She seems to think nothing of his smile and I smile at her too before trying to head off to my office. The key word there is try. Troye, wanting to put on a show for Zoe, pulls me back and kisses my cheek before he lets me leave. That was really fucking cute and I'm still smiling when I get to my shared office to find Marcus and Tyler already working.