08

I've changed into a pair of black yoga pants and a blue loose sweater, hopefully they aren't expecting much of me for lunch

I step out of the bedroom and start to walk the maze of halls. I eventually stumble upon a staircase going downstairs, so I start my descend.

I go down another hall, looking through every open area. The place is deserted. 

I keep reminding myself 'These are normal people, yeah. Don't go all murder shit on them'.

I follow the sound of soft voices until I'm able to understand everything they are saying.

"You really think much of yourself, Alek," the voice I recognize as Aria speaks.

I open the door and am met with four faces which two of freeze when they see me, the other two being Aria who gives me a warm smile and then Damien who gives me a quick glance and then turns back to his food infront of him.

"Theres a lot you can choose from, everything is set out of the table over there," she gestures of to the circular table covered in different foods. My stomach growls at the sight.

I look over the other two people in the room, Alek, the man I failed to kill. The other man is lean and muscular, his eyes nearly black matching his messy hair.

 I watch as his eyes trail up my figure, "I'm Kai."

"Donatella," I greet him.

His black eyes shift over to Damien who is not paying attention to anything other than his phone.

I look over the arrangements on the table and can't decide.

"Any recommendations, Kai?" I look over my shoulder.

Kai walks up beside me, a bowl in his hand.

"This shit's good," he says, scooping what I assume is chicken with some kind of sauce ontop in the bowl.

He hands me the dish and I give him a 'thank you'.

I take the empty seat beside Aria, which is seated beside Damien. The other two stand as they eat.

I take my chance to study Alek, he can't even get himself to look into my eyes. 

Do you think he is going to be all friendly after you tried to murder him?

Shut up.

"You're from Italy?" Kai asks from across the table.

"Yes, have you always lived here in Russia?" I am quick to change the questions fom me to him.

He shakes his head, setting his bowl in the sink. He turns on the faucet rinsing it.

"I was born here, but moved to America for a couple years. I've been back here for about three years now," he tells me.