XXXIII | Prom, Part One

Start from the beginning

"Someone turn on the tv please!" Someone yelled as an officer came in and turned on the tv.

'Two bodies found in warehouse. The bodies have been announced dead and has been rotting for months now. There are three suspects who, by the clues, could have committed the murder or even been accomplices. We're taking that into investigation now. Thank you.'

I remember that horrifying night clear as day.

It was probably the worst day of my life.

I kept thinking about the what ifs like what if Alex didn't come?

What if he–

don't think about it, Dom.

I inhaled shakily, as the flashback hit me.

remember, Alex saved you. you made it.

Tears start to fill up in my eyes.

That's the first time I'd ever been– like– actually.

The almost first was at the party Alex and I kissed for the first time, thankful that didn't happen.

Somehow, he always seems to be everywhere at the right time.

Unfortunately, the events have still scarred me, leaving me to have panic attacks every once in a while.

you're okay, dom.

A police officer came and opened my cell. "This way Ms. Smith."

I quickly wipe my tears and follow the police officer into an interrogation room. He lets me go as there are are two FBI's in the room.

One female, one male.

"Sit."

TW: MENTION OF SA.

I sat down in the chair quietly.

"I know you're in here for... the murder of Kristen Spears."

"I didn't kill her." I told them truthfully.

"How do we know that?" He asked. "Where were you that day? Because all I know is that Kristen was your fiancé's ex and you guys were never really on good terms. She was wearing a wire last time you guys talked, and she said something but unfortunately it was muffled because of her crying and irritated the device. What happened that day?"

"We were never on good terms because she was a real bitch. She cheated on her boyfriend - who is now my fiancé - three times and had no shame about it. She never liked me either because she was jealous of him and I's relationship - even while they were together," I explained. "The afternoon she came to me accusing me of shit I didn't do, and I told her to stop coming to me with fake ass accusations towards me, just to show how much she hates me. Of course she'd try to pin this on me, I was basically her enemy before she died."

"The doctor had confirmed a few days ago that she committed suicide. I just wanted to question you so I'd see if you'd done something before that, causing her to die the way she did."

"If that's it, then when can I get out here?" I ask, desperately ready to leave.

"Not so fast, Smith. You and your fiancé are suspects of the murder you saw on the tv before you came in this room. Explain that."