I got this really good-quality white polish that would go nicely for my finger- and toenails.

It's been half an hour since I finished with my nails and still nothing. Is he just playing tricks on me?

I should've known better than to trust some random, hot asshole I met at the mall.

I go to the hallway and turn off the light by the front door to go to bed, since it's obvious he's not coming. Just as I flip the switch, I get startled by a knock. I turn the light right back on and look through the peephole and holy shit, he's standing right there.

I open the door and give myself a moment to take in how flawless he looks, when he probably didn't even try.

Mike Wheeler

As Eleanor opens the door, I don't notice myself staring at her features for a few seconds until I physically realise my mouth is slightly open. She's simply just wearing pyjamas yet still looks so perfect.

"Hey... sorry for being late." I quickly say when I'm back to my senses, and she just shrugs.

"I wanted to come earlier but my parents were going to sleep anyway, so I kinda snuck out so I could be here for a little more than an hour. Unless... that's a problem?" I ask her, and she nods in agreement, bringing a smile to my face.

"Yeah, sure. Do you... want to come into my room?"

That's when I realise we're just uncomfortably standing in the corridor.

"Oh- um... y-yeah!" I stutter and she leads me to her bedroom. I hear her giggle softly and assume it's because of my awkward mannerisms.

She sits down on her bed with a bounce, a cheeky smile playing on her rosy lips.

"So, you mind telling me how you got in?" She questions, causing me to chuckle.

"The reception lady was asleep. Sorry but security here is shit." I say and she laughs. I invite myself to sit next to her on the bed and we exchange stupid grins.

"You're right. I snuck past her after curfew with Max the other night because she was too busy snoring."

"Max?"

"Oh- my best friend. I'm sure you saw her at the mall that day. The redhead?"

"Oh!" I remember immediately. The girl that flashed me a dirty look when I first asked Eleanor out. "Yeah, I think I remember her."

"Anyway, do you mind me asking... how you got suspended? You mentioned it on the phone."

Fuck. I forgot about that.

Eh.

I'm sure it's fine.

"Oh, right um... well let's just say my "friend" (empathise on the bunny fingers) was being a dick so I got mad and... got into a fight."

I look down in shame, surprised when Eleanor pushes my raven curls out of my face and we make eye contact. It's not an uncomfortable one though, it's one of acceptance.