THE STORY OF MEDUSA (edited)

Começar do início

DAD

Some of the new trainees roars in laughter.

"Yeah, yeah, I just clicked whatever my fingers touched and became a father." DAD laughed with them.

"Dad, can I go home now, please?" The black girl joked and some continues laughing.

"What are you laughing at? We have been kidnapped remember?" Athena reminds them, annoyance quickly seeping into her heart.

"Wait up, everyone." A dark-skinned guy suddenly shouted, gaining everyone's attention.

"Why does everyone keep shouting like they've got something to say?" someone whispered.

"They're enjoying the attention even in this situation?" another butted in.

But the guy ignored whatever they said and walked forward to the Gordon Eradicators, standing directly before the one called DAD.

"Does this mean you all were also brought here like the rest of us?" he asked, looking very disturbed.

"That is correct," DAD answered him in a breath.

The guy's eyes went wide. He kept looking from one to the other as if trying to read a sliver of lie in those words. Everyone else remained silent too.

Athena was also in the same dilemma. She was getting scared again, for no absolute reason.

Does this not mean that they would never be free from this people? Athena wonders. She observes the uniformed men and wonders what this talk of "trainees" actually mean.

"Now, will everyone settle down for the big reveal?" SET stepped forward, breaking the silence permitting the crowd.

Everyone looks from one to the other in unsurety, before sitting on the ground.

"First of all, we ask this question to all of you here: Why is murder bad?" says SET. "And I require your answers too."

"No, we've been doing exactly what you weirdos have been asking from us, even risking our lives. Now, you answer us!" the black man, finally getting his voice again, demands with his arms crossed, trying to seem intimidating which really isn't working.

"It's because it's wrong by law," Athena answers, ignoring the guy who cries 'Hey!' in protest.

"Because we're humans, we cannot kill one another as savagely as humans," the blond guy added.

"Look who's talking!" the short-haired lady with parted bangs shouted at him.

The guy simply looked at her with a bored look.

"It's because we aren't animals," the dark guy finally lets in, answering with his eyes glued on DAD's.

DAD chuckled, but he did not seem moved or intimidated by him.

"We've given our answers now, what do you guys think?" the brown-skinned guy of before asked.

"We think it's nothing in order to survive. Once a human threatens the lives of others, then it must be killed," SET said, blankly.

The crowd roars with "What?" and murmurs ensued.

"Okay... what do you mean by that?" asked the blond guy.

Athena was also wondering the same thing. She realised there was more than met the ears in those words Set had muttered.

"What? Why are you all so judgemental? Wasn't this woman fighting with him because he could have caused her death? Aren't murderers supposed to be ruled out?" SET says.