Chapter - V [Do Pal Rukaa Khwabon Ka Karwaan]

Start from the beginning

He tried to bring her back to senses.

"Anu...Anu...Tum theek ho naa....Ankhe kholo...kya hua tumhe....Anu..."

The voice sounded familiar. Something she had heard long back, but was unrecognisable. She did not know him but for this guy she was his life because she was the person for whom he was breathing......
He was none other than ANUJ KAPADIA

Flashback :

Anuj gets a call from Mukku :

She did not wait for her Brother to speak and ordered him-

"Bhai..mujhe aapki secretary ne bataya...you are coming back tomorrow. Mujhe aam Khaana hai wo bhi Alphonso.....agar aap India se bina Aam liye aaye to mai aapko usi flight se wapas bhej doongi. Okay..."

Anuj :
"Mukku I have meetings baccha....mai wo"

She cut the call abruptly.

Anuj finished his meetings in the morning and decided to buy Mangoes for Mukku himself because even if one mango was rotten, she was going to kill him.

Flashback ends

He called out for help. Some ladies came around. One of them saw Anupama and said

"Arey ye to Hasmukh Bhai ki Bahu hai. Ise kyaa ho gyaa aur tum kon ho?"

She gave him looks as if he was some road side loafer.

Anuj was extremely pissed off at her unsympathetic attitude and said :

"Yaha ek pregnant lady behosh ho gyi hai...uski madad karne ki jagah aapko mai kon hoo is baat me interest hai Aunty.... Agar ise kuch ho gya to kon zimmedar hoga....Thodi to insaniyat dikhaiye."

She was stunned at his response.
He further said :

"Aap inki family walo ko jaanti hai naa. Please unhe phone karke bata dijiye. Mai Anu ko City hospital lekar jaa raha hoo."

One of the lady helped him to get her seated in the car and also accompanied him to the hospital. while he was driving, he kept looking at unconscious Anupama through the rear veiw mirror. He prayed to Kanha Ji to keep her safe.

SHAH RESIDENCE

Moti Baa and Bapuji were back from Jamnagar. Bapuji met his friend in a tea stall nearby and stopped there for chatting with him. Moti Baa came back home and saw the kids alone, playing in veranda. She asked them about Baa and Anupamaa.
Baa had gone to a neighbour's house.
The Telephone in the hall ringed. Moti baa got the shock of her life hearing about Anupama's condition. She panicked and shouted -

"Meri Bacchi...Meri Anupamaaa...... Arey Hasmukh, Leela.... Kaha ho tum log..."

She could not find Baa and did not have the time to search for her. She cursed her in mind thinking why did she send Anupamaa alone outside at this crucial stage of her pregnancy. She along with Baapuji rushed to the City hospital.

CITY HOSPITAL

Anuj was walking back and forth through the length of the corridor outside the emergency ward. He was spinning and twisting his magnet in anxiety. His eyes were pinned on the door of the room and he was not able to breathe.
As soon as the doctor came out he bombarded her with questions -

"Doctor...Anu kaisi hai... Kya hua use... wo aise behosh kyu ho gyi thi....wo theek hai naa...Darne wali koi baat to nai hai....kuch to boliye Doctor"

The Doctor thought He was her husband looking at his condition.

"Calm Down Sir...Koi Darne ki baat nai hai....Your wife is fine...."